Sunday, June 26, 2011

SSIC – Red, White, & Blue ‘Thank You’

Hiya friends!!  Hope you’re having a fun weekend!  We’ve had lots of company- from my 3 aunts from CA on Friday to my sister & niece from WA yesterday & today, to my hubby’s aunt & uncle from Idaho this afternoon.  So lots of fun schtuff goin’ on.  *Ü*

Speaking of sisters, we have new challenge going on at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenges!  Our challenge hostess this week is Miesje who shares this verse:  Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. "  And the challenge is to make a Red, White, and Blue thank you card.  You’ll want to hop over to the SSIC blog to read Miesje’s devotional today!

For my card I used the Berry Pie digi set that’s currently FREE with any purchase!!  However, I digitally removed the blueberries on top of the pie and added some strawberries from the Clear Dollar Stamp set, Little Strawberry to make it fit what I needed.  My SIL gave me some rhubarb & strawberries to make a pie so this is my “thank you” card to her.  The sentiment is from the Juicy Strawberries set from Doodle Pantry, and the digi papers are from the Little Strawberry set.

Hope you’ll come join us in our red/white/blue thank-you challenge at SSIC!!

21 comments:

Tini A. said...

Very nice card!!!

Grace said...

Kris this is just adorable! Fun and YUMMY! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Sara I. said...

Absolutely adorable!!! LOVE the papers and fun sentiment!! Gorgeous flourishes around the image and adore the way the gingham towel hangs out.

Becky said...

This is absolutely delicious! Gorgeous frame you used for this pie.

Lori said...

I love this! What a great thank you.

Miesje said...

Oh what a cute card! I will take a piece of that pie, looks yummy! So you digitally removed the blueberries, wow, I would have no idea how to do that. You are amazing. Enjoy your company and your week.

Lorie said...

Very sweet card Kris! It looks like I need a slice of pie now! :)

Lisa said...

Oh I love how summery and fresh this is! And I'm with Lori, I'm dreaming of a slice a pie :) Wonderful card Kris!

Kathy W. said...

So pretty Kris. Love the strawberry paper and that pie looks so yummy!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card, so very bright and pretty. Looks like summer:) Yummy!

Dawn Frost said...

wow I never thought of changing the type of pie, awesome! Thanks for "clueing" me in, lol!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Kris, how totally adorable! Funny! I thought to myself I thought this was a blueberry pie. I had no idea you could remove the blueberries and replace them with strawberries. See what having computer smarts does for you. Well, I love your card! Great creativity!!
Hugs, Sarah

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Kris! Love the strawberries - how much fun!!!

MaxineD said...

Lovely card, Kris, and I also like the new look to your blog.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Kris!This is stunning!So yummy and fun!Love the dp and pie!
Hugs,
Chris

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous Kristine! Your design is fantastic!

Heide said...

Adorable card, perfect papers and it is super!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! Now how yummy!! Love the papers...such a perfect match!! :)

Karen Howard said...

This looks really yummy, I can smell the delicious aroma all the way over here at my house, LOL! Gorgeous card, love the bright colors! Hugs, Karen

Peggysuez said...

'Sweet' on so many levels! Great job with this challenge, this card is just cheerful and happy!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - this is YUMBLY!! What a great image for this weeks SSIC - love it!! Delish DP Kris and as always - your colouring is perfect! Love it - thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}