Sunday, June 19, 2011

SSIC – Doodle on Your Card!

Happy Father’s Day to all you who are celebrating that today!!  I invited my mom & dad over for a BBQ after church today and we worked hard all weekend cleaning up so we can relax today and just enjoy the company & weather (fingers crossed).

We have a new challenge up today at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenges!  Our hostess is Marilynn who shares this verse:  Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen. (KJV)
Please hop over to the SSIC Blog to read Marilynn’s wonderful devotional!
 
The CHALLENGE:  Make a card that you doodle on!

Here’s what Marilynn says about her challenge:  My challenge for you is to make a card that shows the “EVIDENCE” that you were the creator by doodling on your card. Here are a few suggestions to get you started: dots, swirls, lines, and faux stitching… I look forward to seeing what you create.
So I took her quite literally by Doodling these cute li’l bears, (inspired by the bears on my bathroom curtain!  LOL).  I changed the boy on top to a girl (since we have 2 daughters) and gave her a fishing pole instead of picking berries.  One of our daughters loves to fish with her daddy, so I thought this was fitting. 

I used a Memento Journaling pen and drew them right onto my white cardstock (that’s why the thickness of the lines are not consistent—happens when you are just doodling) and then I colored in with Copics. 
To finish it off, I added more doodling (squiggly dashes and dots) around them for a frame. 

The “Me & My” is from an older SU! stamp set, and the DAD I cut out using my Cricut.
Let’s see you DOODLE too!!  For inspiration & their deets, check out the girls’ blogs:
ChrisGraceLindaLisaMarilynn
MiesjePeggysueRebekkaSabrina SSIC BLOG

13 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome card this morning. Wonderful job on the doodling on these adorable critters,

Lori said...

Great job, Kris!!! Love the bears. Me & My is one of my favorite titles for scrap booking, it's a great set. The ribbon and metal embelli are a fantastic addition.

Kathy W. said...

Oh my sis...this is so cute! You did a superb job on these bears =) I wish this talent ran in the family...LOL *Ü*

Peggysuez said...

I always find doodling a challenge too, but I like your doodle border better than mine! :) So glad your daughter enjoys fishing with her daddy, we went fishing just the other night too. Neat little image, colored marvelously well. Have a great week!

Grace said...

OMGoodness Kris I can't believe you doodled these bears! You need to be designing stamps my friend!!! Gorgeous details..... adorable to the hilt and beautiful doodling! LOVE how you colored these cuties!!! Have a great day with family!!!
hugs,
Grace

MariLynn said...

I agree with Grace about you designing stamps!! These are just adorable. I really like the little fish. I hope you have a blessed week my friend!!!

Adeline Ng said...

Hi Kris, you are a real talent, fancy doodling the bears! I hope some stamp company picks up your design and make it available to all! Beautiful card!

MaxineD said...

Just love your doodled bears :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Kristine!! I stand amazed at your talent. I just love your doodled bears!!! Incredible and adorable!! Love them!!
hugs,
Chris

Cass said...

Very nice! I love the coloring of your bear, the softness of the sky and the blades of grass, very nice!

Have a great day!

Helen said...

Those bears are adorable! Good job on "doodling" them! Love it!

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh - you are amazing! I can draw a stick figure - kinda! Love the image and the layout, love it all!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Kris - this is just delightful - I love your image - it is gorgeous and such perfect doodling! A great take on this weeks SSIC! Thansk for sharing! {{{hugs}}}