Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sometimes it’s O.K. to Rock the Boat!!

Hello!  I’m so glad summer is here!  Yesterday was so nice out.  We did some outdoorsey stuff like planting & watering flowers, and then BBQed gourmet-marinated chicken for lunch!  Then I went inside to make my card for today.  *Ü* 

The Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge this week is to create a Father’s Day card, or a card praising our Father in Heaven.  You can hop over to the SSIC blog to read Lisa’s devotional and see all the DT Girls’ cards!


I decided to make a TILT card, hence my post title!  You can find directions to make a TILT card on SCS here.  I combined 2 digi sets, both from Designed 2 Delight, Lakeside Shack & Quiet Sunset, and colored with Copics.  I punched some tiny holes in the boat and around one post and ran some embroidery floss to anchor the boat while allowing it to “rock”.   If you’ve never made one of these, I recommend trying it.  All you need are 2 pennies, a dimensional, and a craft knife!  *Ü*   Thinking this card definitely will go to my hubby next week.  Now to figure out one for my dad! 

Hope you’ll come by and play along in our Father’s Day card challenge this week!  One player will win a cute stamp set called Elephant Love from Simon Says Stamp!!

15 comments:

Becky said...

What a wonderful scene Kris. Colored beautifully.

Lori said...

Clever title, Kris! Hee,hee I like the rocking boat idea and your coloring is gorgeous as usual, your hubby will love this.

Lorie said...

Wow, Kris! This is just an incredible card! I bow to your craftiness!

Wendy M said...

Gorgeous bright summer colours and love your rockin' boat tip. Fab card... but there again, I don't remember seeing a card of yours which is not spot on... they are all terrific.

Bridget said...

Awesome card Kris! I've never seen a Tilt Card. Love it, love it!

Miesje said...

OH my gosh what an adorable card! I love that image and that the boat rocks is terrific - like real life! Have a great week!

Grace said...

Oh my word Kris.... how cool is this!!! I love the scene you created and the rockin boat is just over the top!!! GREAT idea and your hubby will love it!!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
hugs,
Grace

MariLynn said...

Kris this is adorable. I love your rockin' boat. That was such a cute, creative idea. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an adorable tilt card!! I have never seen these before. You have inspired me to try that sometime soon!! Your coloring and details are gorgeous!!!
Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy W. said...

Great cards Kris..perfect for Father's day! Love the 'rocking' boat:) I'm gonna have to try one of these tilt cards!

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

Kris, your card is STUNNING! Love the tilting boat action and the colors and gorgeous! You are so clever!!

Peggysuez said...

This is so cute, what a neat idea for the boat image! Hope you're having a great week!

Helen said...

I LOVE YOUR ROCKING BOAT!!! That's awesome! This is a very pretty card. It makes me want to go to the lake! :)

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kris, what a fabulous card and your coloring....sigh....amazing!! You are such an awesome artist!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - how amazing is this! I love your colouring and the gorgeous colours you have used!! Great Tilt Card my friend! Thanks for always inspiring! {{{hugs}}}