Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Red/White/Blue & Christmas Too

Hello everyone and happy Wednesday!!  Have you noticed that Christmas in July seems to be getting earlier??  LOL.  We’re not quite into July YET… but there are tons of challenges this week with a Red, White & Blue color theme!  Designed 2 Delight’s DT challenge this week has that plus an additional/optional challenge of making it Christmas/Winter, so I did all the above, LOL.  (btw… my daughter has been wishing for snow on the 4th of July here in the High Desert since last Christmas! Who knows… maybe her wish will come true (doubtful though hunny!))  *Ü* 

This cute li’l girl & mailbox are from the “Sending My Love Kaela” set by D2D.
I usually draw in a smile when there isn’t one but I left it off this time. I dunno... what do you think?  Does she need a mouth?  It'll prolly bug me until I decide to draw one so I prolly will =)   I really enjoy coloring up these images with Copics… I’m getting better at the shading effects I think. *Ü*  The white layer is embossed with snowflakes, and the hearts are embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  The Maraschino Cherry twine is from The Twinery.

BTW... have you heard??  Faith of Designed 2 Delight has been busy designing some new rubber stamps for Whipper Snapper Designs!!  We're so excited... you can see a few sneak peeks at the D2D CDAC group!! 

Okay, back to my card...  I used Carly's current sketch at Sketches by Carly:


Everyone who plays WINS!!
When you enter Carly's sketch, you will be emailed her
"Purrfectly Sweet Kitty" digi set FREE!

CHALLENGES ENTERED:
Designed 2 Delight – Red, White, & Blue and/or Christmas too
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Red, White, & Blue Thank You
Catch the Bug - Red, White and Blue - add a ribbon
Secret Crafter - Embossing
Sweet Stampin' - Something Old (cs), Something New (digi, twine)
Daring Cardmakers - C5 - Something Old (cs)/ Something New from Your Stash (digi, twine) and (optional) Something Borrowed (nope) & Blue.
Digi's With Attitude - Anything Goes
Die Cut Dreams - Red White and Blue
Off the Wall Craftiness - Red, White and Any Shade of Blue
Stamp Something - Celebrate with Red, White and Blue
Craft Us Crazy - Red, White and Blue and/or Summer Theme
Penny's Papercrafty - Red White and Blue

22 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card Kris, awesome coloring.

MARY B said...

Fabulous card So bright and colourful, love the image & greeting. Mary x

Sara I. said...

Absolutely precious!! Who knew rw&b would look so awesome for Christmas?! Love the sky and falling snowflakes - gorgeous embossing !

Lori said...

Fantastic! Love red, white & blue Christmas, gorgeous coloring, Kris.

Helen said...

Very, very cute! I love the red, white & blue Christmas theme! Your coloring is amazing!

alteredforhim said...

Hi...your card is adorable! I love the colors and your coloring is incredible and I really like the embossing on the background. The string really brings it nicely together. . I keep looking at the little girl, so eye catching. Very nice.

Have a great day!

Bridget said...

Awesome coloring Kris!

MaxineD said...

Great card, Kris - love the strong colours you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful creation Kristine!!!!

Dragonlady said...

Beautiful creation, love the sentiment. Thanks for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

Hugs Ali x

Fiona said...

pretty card, fab colour combo too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Courtney said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Kris!! I love the non traditional Christmas card. Thanks so much for joining in on our Red, White & Blue Challenge at Penny’s. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Kathy W. said...

This is terrific Kris. Love the red,white and blue with the Kaela! Awesome sketch too :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Hwy Kris, I love your SWEET card and Carly's great sketch!!~

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Embossing" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...this is brilliant! I just love the color combo as a winter card!

Wedgie said...

Pretty card, love your colours. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Lola said...

Wow, the coloring on this is so pretty and vivid. I don't necessarily think she needs a mouth at all. All the beautiful color is perfect!

Andie's Space said...

HI Kris,
What a cute image. Your colouring looks fabulous. It looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Lori said...

Wow Kris, this is amazing. I love the adorable image and your coloring is fabulous. Great embossing and scalloped hearts too..it all fits together perfectly. Thanks for entering the Catch the Bug Challenge this week. Good luck in the drawing and I do hope you join us again.
Lori

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us for our Red White and Blue Challenge at CTB! I love how your card turned out just Adorable!!! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Seleise said...

so very cute! great red, white and blue Christmas theme!!