Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Releases at McMahon Five Designs




It’s Thursday which means new release day at M5D!  If you missed it last week, we introduced a couple new lines of SVG’s, and have more to share today.  Of course we also have lots of fabby digi releases as well so be sure to hop on over to the M5D BLOG to see ‘em in full and you can Oooh and Aahhh over them all  *Ü*

This Butterfly SVG is so much fun to cut.  I used my SCAL program with my Cricut to cut it in 4 different colors.  I then mix-n-matched them to create not one but four butterflies!  (see pic below)

I used the color combo from this week’s D2D Sat. DT challenge which is PINK & ORANGE plus neutrals.  I know my orange looks red here, but it IS orange!  LOL


Oh wait… I guess I cut it out of five colors but then decided I didn’t really like the peach so I didn’t use it much, LOL! 

My next card is actually for Autism Awareness by Solocosmo called Autism Awareness Butterfly SVG
As many as 1 in 110 people have autism, which is more common in guys than girls, according to KidsHealth.Org 
 

And as you can see in the ribbon above, I used the same bright colors for my card.  I didn’t know what sentiment to add so I left it blank.  Here’s a li’l more about the Autism “Puzzle” Ribbon:

“The puzzle pattern of this ribbon reflects the mystery and complexity of autism.
The different colors and shapes represent the diversity of those living with this disorder.  The brightness of the ribbon signals HOPE—Hope through research and increasing awareness in people like you.”
What a neat thing for Solocosmo to create an SVG cutting file of this neat Puzzle Piece Butterfly!  I happen to have an old friend from college who has an autistic son.  She crafts cards as well… so I think she might like this in the mail ;) 
Be sure to check out my DT Sisters’ Blogs and be WOWed at their creativity!
AmyBonnieCarolynCassandra
ChristineFranKristineMaxine
Michelle A.Michelle B.Michelle P.Raven
RebekkaShellySue


8 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, this is so cool. Love how you've put the butterflies together! Nice puzzle piece and thanks for the autism ribbon information.

Amy Johnson said...

Such beautiful, colorful, and creative cards! I'm so glad your so skilled with these SVG files.

Becky said...

These are fabulous Kris, love the different colors.

Sara I. said...

Both are fabulous girlie!! Love all the beautiful colors in the first one and the ribbon treatment is perfect. The glammed up puzzle piece on the 2nd is adorable and I'm sure your friend will love such a thoughtful expression of your friendship!

Kathy W. said...

These are so pretty. I love the butterfly SVG in the many different colors. Great job =)

MaxineD said...

Thanks for your info about autism. - you do marvelous work with your cricut!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lorie said...

Wow! What a gorgeous, happy day at your blog! I love all your creations!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful post- I love the SVG butterfly and Autism Awareness cards. Thanks for the Autism info too. I look forward to seeing more SVG files in the future!