Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Home Sweet Castle by Doodle Pantry

Hello Bloggy peeps!!  Today's my girls' last day of school – a half day  which I believe is filled with "field day" and year-book signing.  And I just realized I have no plan yet for what to do with them the rest of this week while I go to work--YIKES!!!  Some days they'll go to my SIL's to work in her greenhouse, but prolly not yet, as my niece started going into labor 2 months early.  Again--YIKES! 

Anywhoo.... I have a fun 3D card to share using a new release set by Doodle Pantry called Little Castle.  You may have seen a sneak peek of this on the DP blog on New Release Day.  Yep… I made several cards for the new release & thought I’d spread em out a bit on my blog.  Below you can see which parts I pop dotted.  I colored this with copics (using the precolored sky) and I drew in the bars and hinges on the castle door.  LOTS of cutting, but I like the results *Ü* 
You can see all the newest releases in the shop
and see more samples by the rest of the DT on the Blog.

16 comments:

Patti J said...

Awww...I'm pretty lonely here all day long, send them my way! I'll spoil them totally rotten and then send them back :) Can you tell I'm a granny-wanna-be??? lol! Kris, your card is SO SO SO pretty! I'd never have thought to use the red, but oh my goodness - it is PERFECT! Great card, dear friend!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is fabulous, Kris! What a great design and dimension. Love your wonderful colors and details. Love the way you colored the sky.

Heide said...

Now I know what every thing POPS! What a fantastic card, love how you have pop up certain elements in this card. Great work!

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card, really like the dimensional aspect of the card, looks fantastic!

Lorie said...

Goodness Kris! This is incredible! You always make your cards so special with those neat touches like popping up things and adding detail. Nice job!

Crystal said...

WOW Kristine this is totally FABULOUS!!!!!!!! LOVE your scene you created!!!!! Stunning work girly!!!

Maria Matter said...

oh Kris, this is gorgeous!!! love the dimension you added!
hugs

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a fun card, I love how you've cut parts and popped them to add dimension! Our kids are out of school here already and enjoying their "summer" so far - they only have 9 weeks off because of year round school.

Kathy W. said...

So cute Kris. Love the 3D effect, but all that cutting UGH!! Looks great =)

MaxineD said...

Awesome Kris - love the clean lines and the way you have added dimension. I want to live in a castle like that!! :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

This is awesome Kris..

auntbeespickles said...

Funny, this is the most "homey" castle I have ever seen. Wonderfull colored! Great creativity!
Hugs, Sarah

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous 3-d card! Love the pop up and colours.

Helen said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love how you raised only some parts of the image. That's so cool!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card! I really love the pink and how you popped up the various parts of the castle! Hugs, Karen

Seleise said...

this is fantastic, Kristine! Love, love, love it! the layers and the coloring - fabulous!