Sunday, June 05, 2011

Critter Parade Picture Frame {Easel Card}

First of all… WELCOME to all my new followers!!  How exciting *Ü* 
This weekend we’re having a BLOG PARADE with the new releases at Doodle Pantry!!  It goes through tonight and there will be FIVE WINNERS!!  This is not my parade post, so be sure to scroll down one post for my projects & links you’ll need!

Today’s card is for this week’s Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge, which is hosted by Lovely Linda who shares this verse:
“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.”  John 13:34-35
and her challenge is to use something NEW… new stamps, papers, layout, etc. 
I’ve used Carly’s newest sketch at Sketches by Carly in which everyone who plays WINS her first digi set FREE!!

I’ve also used a brand new digi set from Doodle Pantry called Critter Parade and is now available in the shop!  I created a picture frame, pop-dotting it to a picture of my daughter Carly.  This was her first year in Middle School Marching Band!  Aren’t they cute in their li’l barets?  She plays the clarinet.

Be sure to pop over to SSIC Blog to read Linda’s devotional and enter our “NEW” challenge!!  To help inspire you, please visit the sisters’ blogs:
ChrisGraceLindaLisaMarilynn
MiesjePeggysueRebekkaSabrina SSIC BLOG


Doodle Pantry Blog

17 comments:

Becky said...

This is so adorable Kriss. Wonderful photo.

Grace said...

OMGoodness Kris what a bright and fun easel card and I just love the photo in it!!! Carly is one multi talented girl! Wish I could hear this band playing too!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo card!!! Praying you are doing much better now my friend!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning kris!What a bright and cheery easel card!What an awesome image!Carly is so talented too!Wish I could here them play!Awesome photo card!
Hugs,
Chris

Miesje said...

What a fun card, love the bright colors! Great picture too. Carly is a talented young lady. Have a wonderful week Kris!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fantastic frame to showcase the wonderful photo of your daughter. Awesome work, Kris!

Kathy said...

Looks good Kris...love the li'l critters around the frame!! Carly is so talented and looks like she's having so much fun *Ü*

Glenda Atkins said...

Oooh this is fabulous, what a card to give to Carly, she will be able to show her grandchildren this. Carly appears to be a very multi talented young girl, you are blessed.

MariLynn said...

Kris, what a cute frame. I love these marching band images. I loved seeing your daughter. Looks like they have really good parade marching formation from the photo. I wish they had had a marching band for our middle school. Mine have all had to wait until high school. This frame captured this wonderful memory. Hope you have a blessed week!

Heide said...

OMG!!!!
I love, Love, LOVE This!!!
I am hyperventilating. Thais is so awesome, my Son will be in Marching band, 1st year, and this would be so perfect.

Lorie said...

That is SO cool Kris! Love it

Patti J said...

How much fun that you made a frame for Carly's photo! Great project, Kris, as always!!! You never disappoint! Love these darling little images, and you have done a beautiful job with them :) Hugs...

Laurie said...

Oh wow, what an adorable marching frame! Great design and layout!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a fabulous creation Kris, love it!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Love the easel card design and all the detail you added! Hugs, Karen

Dawn Frost said...

What a fantastic framed picture Kristine, its so perfect!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kris, what an amazing card and your DD too cute! What a blessing to know how to play an instrument! Hope all is well and your hand is healing fine. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Seleise said...

how NEAT!!! I love this!!! the design is perfect for the pic. wonderful!!