Sunday, May 08, 2011

♥ With Love on Mother's Day ♥

*For the D2D Mother’s Day BLOG HOP & candy, please scroll down 1 post—Thanks!
Happy Mother’s Day everyone!!  I hope you are surrounded by your loved ones this weekend ♥   My family traveled to the “big city” yesterday and saw the movie “Soul Surfer” which was excellent!!  I highly recommend it--very inspirational and I even cried a couple of times. Then we took my MIL out for dinner.  Today we’ll be going to church and then my hubby and kids are BBQing and cooking dinner.  Can’t get much better than that =) 
 
And now onto today’s challenge at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ!
 
Our challenge hostess is Sabrina who shares this verse:
Ecclesiastes 3:11 a (NIV) He has made everything beautiful in its time.
 
and the challenge:
Make a card and put all things "beautiful" on it
(flowers, pearls, bling, butterflies, birds, lace, etc.)
 
Our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp who is donating a stamp set,
Dream Paris Rome New York
 
Be sure to hop on over to our blog to read Sabrina’s wonderful devotion!
 
CARD DEETS:
For this card, I used this week’s D2D freebie image (available to everyone until Thursday!) called Pail of Flowers, along with my daughter’s newest sketch at Sketches by Carly.  (turned it on it’s side & added the sentiment piece)
carlysketch 30
Pretty easy huh?? 
Designed 2 Delight is sponsoring her sketch this week with not one, but TWO $10 Gift Vouchers!!  So be sure to head on over and play to win there as well!!

 Have a very Happy Mother’s Day!

22 comments:

Becky said...

What a beautiful card. Sounds like you will be having a wonderful Mothers Day.

Sara I. said...

oh wow! You have the yummiest papers Kris!! Love the gorgeous flourishes and roses - fabulous butterflies! Your coloring is impeccable - just beautiful!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Sounds like you're having a fabby weekend, which is just as it should be!!

Love love love your card, Kris. So pretty. And so clever the way you made the flourish elements for the sketch.

Hugs,
L

Miesje said...

What a cute card! I love that image and you are always so creative with your colors! I saw that post with your beautiful daughters! I love the match up with your card. Have a great day and week!

Kathy Winter said...

♥Happy Mother's Day♥ sis!! Love your card and Carly did an awesome job with this sketch.

Lorie said...

Wow, this is so beautiful Kris! Happy Mother's Day!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Kris, Happy Mother's Day!!~

Lori said...

Great card! Love how you've used Carly's sketch on it's side. Your pics of your girls with the d2d project is just adorable and yes perfect with the images.

Leanne said...

Happy Mother's Day Kris! Sounds like you are going to have a gr8 day. Thanks for the recommendation on the movie. I've been wanting to watch it. :) Thanks for sharing this beautiful card. I like how you flipped Carly's sketch and how the flourishes mimic her sketch. Gr8 job. Hugs,

Grace said...

Hi Kris! Oh my goodness this card is sooo pretty! Love how you colored the image and that dp is high on my list of favorites right now! LOVE what you did with Carly's sketch!!! Beautiful touches and I'm glad you are enjoying a great weekend!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!
hugs,
Grace

Danni said...

Beautiful card!! Glad to see you using Carly's sketch as it sort of threw me, LOL!! Enjoy your day!

Kim Y. said...

My goodness, Kristine! This is so gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous

Bridget said...

Oh so pretty Kris!

Peggysuez said...

This is beautiful! And now I know where you got your wonderful layout, from your talented daughter! Such great coloring and colors, a day brightener for sure!

1LuvnMama said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! Sounds like you're having a blast with your family! Enjoy it! BTW, after seeing your Stand Up card on your blog, I had to do one myself . . . thanks for the links and the tuts! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Kristine!! I just love your colors and design with all the flowers. Stunning Mother's Day card.
Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!!
hugs,
Chris

Helen said...

Oh, Kristine, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors and that little butterfly is super cool! That layout looks so fun! Man, I love this card!!!

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous!! Love the added butterfly!! :) Thanks for sharing! Hugs, *Vicki* from Stamped Smiles

Pat said...

Beautiful...love the colors!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Kris, this card is amazing!! Your coloring is wonderful and the colors you used are perfect!! Love all the detail!

MariLynn said...

Kris, those papers are just gorgeous!! I love the little butterfly!