Sunday, May 01, 2011

Thank You BERRY Much – SSIC87 No DP

Hello and happy Sunday to you!!  My card today is for the Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Scripture challenge that starts today.  Our sponsor is Clear Dollar Stamps in which one player will win a $15 GC to spend at their store

Our hostess this week is Marilynn who shares this verse from Romans 8:28:  “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” 

I love this verse and it is the very one I printed at the top of our family’s recent newsletter.  To me, this verse says that God’s ways are higher than ours, and better than ours!  When we love Him and want what God wants for our lives, He works all things for GOOD and for HIS purpose!!  Marilynn shares an excellent devotion about this verse on our DT Blog, so please click on over to read – you will be blessed!

The challenge:  No designer paper; paper must start as a solid color.

CARD DEETS:
My card features Little Strawberry digi set from Clear Dollar Stamps, our sponsor!     (It was created by the very talented and sweet as strawberries, Laurie Wilson ((owner of Doodle Pantry)) … hmmm, no wonder I like it so much! 

This challenge came at just the right time.  My daughter Carly got crafty a couple weeks ago and “made up” this really cool technique, and it was perfect for this challenge, so I borrowed her idea, which is basically to run the same piece of cardstock through your cuttlebug using 2 different folders and sponging at least 2-3 colors after each embossing!!  Soo cool Carly… thanks for the fab idea!!  =)

I created a little pictorial for you describing what I did to my plain ol’ pieces of Celery and Vanilla cardstock to get them to the beauties on my card.  You can click on the pics to enlarge.

We’d love to see what YOU do with a plain ol’ piece of cardstock!!  =)  Challenge closes Saturday evening, May 7th.  Come join us!!

For more inspiration, please visit my design sisters’ blogs:

ChrisGraceLindaLisaMarilynn
MiesjePeggysueRandiRebekkaSabrina

13 comments:

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card..Love the embossing and your coloring is fabulous girl.
Hugs.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card (yet again) xx

Miesje said...

Oh for Pete's sake (who is Pete anyway?) I love how you did that and so glad that you explained the how too! That is amazing, what a great look! Your card is fun and colorful and perfect! Now YOU know how to follow directions! Have a great week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how elegant and beautiful!! I just love the colors and the embossing!! The strawberry is colored to perfection!! So bright and colorful!!
hugs,
Chris
Have a great Sunday!

Lori said...

Thanks for the great tip on using 2 embossing folders! This strawberry looks good enough to eat, gorgeous. I like how your card looks like a field and sky!

MariLynn said...

Love the double embossing technique. It really gives the cardstock an interesting look. I am going to have to try it. I hope you have a blessed week Kris!!!

Grace said...

Hi Kris! Oh my goodness this is sooo cool! I'm so glad you explained with the visual how you did this, and Carly takes after Mom in the talent department I'd say!!! Love how you colored this image too!!! Looks yummy enough to eat!!! Great job with your plain card stock!!! Hope to play later in the week!
hugs,
Grace

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - what a fun card and take on the challenge! Your DD is very creative - what fun! Love the image and all of that embossing - I love colouring Embossing Foldersd and the double embossing!! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

Elizabeth, The Shepherdess said...

Kris, this is amazing!! WOW! WOW! WOW! I loved the cheeriness of the card right away, and then I noticed the textures and colors. To find out how you did all that.......WOW! (again!) This is simply one fantastic card!

Kathy Winter said...

Love it Kris. I'm gonna try that embossing technique, thanks Carly!!

Peggysuez said...

Kris I loved the colors on this card when I first saw it and how cute that you were able to do the instructions like that. . .some day maybe I'll be computer literate! Great image, great job altering your 'plain' paper!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kris, wow, this is such a fun and cheerful card.....love it!! What a cool technique...I have done the single embossing folder technique before, but this one...WOW, so stunning!Tell you DD way to go!!! Gotta run and try it :D:D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Helen said...

So cool! I love what you did with the cardstock and thanks for sharing the instructiosn with us! I often forget what fun can be had with that cute little green maching and some paper! :)