Sunday, May 29, 2011

SSIC91 – God’s Promises are Forever

Happy Sunday!!  I have the privilege of being challenge hostess for this week’s Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenge *Ü*   Our sponsor is Sweet N’ Sassy Stamps!

Ecclesiastes 3:14 "I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him."

Challenge: Follow this sketch to a "T" - not adding anything to it, or taking anything away from it. (you may however use various shapes in place of the ones given, as long as there is something representing each item in this sketch)

Isn’t it comforting, in an ever-changing world full of unknowns and things that give us cause to worry, that we can depend on God to be constant… never-changing?!  He is the same yesterday, today and forever!!
The last part of this verse says, “God does it, that men should fear before Him.”  I looked up various Bible translations for the word fear and found these:
…stand in awe of Him.
…be in awe of Him.
…to make people respect Him.
…so that He will be revered.
and my favorite, “…so we'll quit asking questions and simply worship in holy fear.”
So many times we ask God “WHY?”  when we really need to just realize that God’s plan is bigger than we can wrap our brains around… better than we can conjure up for ourselves, and unlike our own plans, HIS never change!  We can know His plan because He’s revealed it to us in His Word!
Psalm 100:5 says, "The Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endures to all generations."  What a wonderful thing to know we don't have to worry about the future and our eternal security!!   What made a Christian 2000 years ago, is what makes one today. 
In 1981, in California, there was a single car theft that grabbed  news-paper headlines and radio stations all over the country.  Car thefts happen all the time, but what made this one grab headlines?  Because on the front passenger seat was a box of crackers laced with poison!  You see, the owner was on his way to his cabin where he had a rat problem, so he put rat poison in the box of crackers, but before he drove off, he went back inside the house to get something and that’s when the thief stole his car.  The police put out an APB (all points bulletin) to find the thief as quickly as possible, not to punish him or recover the car, but to SAVE his life!! 
And just like this story, God pursues US because He knows just how poisonous sin is and He wants to SAVE US…because He loves us!   
Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ Int'l shares that in his experience in counseling, he's convinced that tens of thousands of good, faithful church-goers who have received Christ in prayer are not sure of their salvation!  Do you have that security in knowing that if you were to die today that you'll go to Heaven?  The Bible doesn't use vague words regarding our salvation, like might or hope-to-be, or maybe; it uses words such as will and shall and is!!  God's Word is very clear about salvation, so you just need to read it, believe it, claim it and proclaim it!  Here are just a handful of Promises that God has given to us...
  • John 5:24  "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."
  • "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
  • Romans 3:23  "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
  • I John 1:9  “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
  • " Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12
Those of us who “believe and have received”… we are as secure as secure can be!  Nothing can separate us from the love of God;  no one can snatch us from His hand; and nothing can alter His plan.  
CARD DEETS:
For my card, I used the newly released digi set, Noah’s Ark, from Doodle Pantry.  This sentiment fits the Scripture this week too!  I colored the image with Copics, and cut the outter sun (rays) with my Create-a-Critter cartridge and Cricut. 
Before I leave, I’d like to let you in on a special Memorial Day Sale over at Doodle Pantry store… from Sat. 28 – Mon. 30 get 35% OFF your entire cart (excludes gift certificates)!!  WOWIE!  Not only that, but you will get this FREE set with any purchase this weekend only. 

Don’t forget our sketch challenge at SSSIC this week… one of you will win 3 digis of your choice at Sweet N’ Sassy Stamps!  For more inspiration, please visit the DT:

ChrisGraceLindaLisaMarilynn
MiesjePeggysueRebekkaSabrina SSIC BLOG

23 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Kris! Your card is eye-popping gorgeous! I love the bright colors and wonderful verse... perfect for your challenge this week! I so loved reading your devotional today! I feel like I have already been blessed and I haven't even been to church yet! Thanks for the great reminders of God's promises and that He never changes, His Word remains forever! Praying for a speedy recover for you!!!
hugs,
Grace

Becky said...

Good morning Kris. This is adorable, I love it!! Wonderful devotional this morning, so touched my heart. So now I am getting ready for my second sermon (word) this morning..:)

Lorie said...

Gorgeous card Kris! Hope you are feeling well today!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yowser, Kris, you colored that image so well! Of course you did!!!! You rock when it comes to coloring... always have, always will! Your card is stunning... it truly jumps off the screen. ;) And I LOVE your devotional...

Love and hugs to you, dear friend.
Lisa

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a beautiful card. Hope you're feeling better.

Rose Ann said...

This is a wonderful sketch card, Kristine!! I love that darling image, and you've colored it beautifully!! I hope you have a great Memorial Day!! Hugs!!

Patti J said...

Wonderful card, Kris! You did an amazing job of coloring this image - so enjoyed reading your words this morning, like Grace, I've been blessed already! Headed to church - take care, hope you are healing quickly!

Diane said...

Hi Kris! Sorry for not popping by more often,there are no reasons,just not organizing my days well. I'm trying to walk on my good days and lots going on,so it takes away from my blog visiting...urghhhh! But I see your work is as stunning as evah!!!! Even though I don't comment,I still visit now & then,miss you!!!
Hugs,Diane

Heide said...

Oh my goodness....this is just a perfect card! Love the colors, the layout it is all just perfect with this adorable image.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow Kris, this is a neat card! I love all the detail like the cut out dove, wow!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning!!! I love the mustard and teal colors you used and great take on the sketch challenge! Hugs, Karen

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, this card is just darling. You did a great job following the sketch to a "T". We know nothing of God compared to what Noah went through. How perfect to use this image with the challenge! Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty card. I love the dove above the sentiment.

MariLynn said...

Kris, I am hoping that blogger has it's problems fixed and I can comment. I love your card. I really like the little dove in the circle. Great sketch and such a wonderful devotional. I hope your hand is feeling better. Hugs and blessings this week!!!

Glenda Atkins said...

A very beautiful card and your layout is very true to the sketch. Love the sentiment, it says it all does it not!

glenda

Maria Matter said...

very pretty Kris!

Miesje said...

Cute, cute, cute card!!!! Love this card! It is fun and I love the sentiment! Praying for you quick recovery! Have a great week!

Kathy Winter said...

Wow! This is AWESOME:) Love the sketch and the image is perfect. Love the devotional as well Kris...Love you sis!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet Kris!! Love your Noah's ark theme!! Fun sketch and you rocked it!
hugs,
Chris

Peggysuez said...

Loved your devotional this morning, thank you for the words that touched my heart! Something we all need to hear! And this image is darling, what a happy card!

Helen said...

Too, too cute! I love EVERYTHING about this card!!! Such a beautiful reminder of God's promises!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kris, what a fun and beautiful card!!! Sorry, I am late commenting, but my girls are out of school and we have been running non stop. Thanks for an amazing challenge and inspirational!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Hello Kris - I have tried to leave a comment a number of time but Blogger is limiting me - looks like I am in today! LOL! Love this card - that image is divine and so beautifully coloured! Your devotional is inspiring Kris - thank you for sharing from the heart! {{{hugs}}}