Sunday, May 22, 2011

SSIC - Start Each Day with a "WHEE!"

Good morning!!  It’s time for another Sunday Challenge at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ
Our sponsor this week is My Favorite Things who generously sent each of our Design Team a stamp of our choice!  THANK YOU MFT!!!  *Ü*

I am new to these Pure Innocence girl stamps now and am such a fan of them.  MFT has one for every occasion pretty much!  And I actually chose this stamp before knowing what our challenge was going to be.  How wonderful that it FITS! 

SCRIPTURE: 
Grace Nywening is our hostess and she shares this verse:  Proverbs 10:20-21 "The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver, the heart of the wicked is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many, but fools die for lack of understanding."

CHALLENGE: 
create a card/ project that encourages and use a touch of silver.  (oh… woops!  I forgot that touch of silver part… forgive me Grace!)

Speaking of making a card to encourage…. a very sweet friend of mine, and an SSIC alum, Helen shared this on her blog: 
Happy Monday morning to you!  I'm here to ask a favor! My friend's 11 year old niece, Gabby, is having surgery on her back this week for Spina Bifida and I was hoping to maybe get a few cards gathered up to send to her. She's getting 2 rods and a bunch of screws put into her spine to help make it straighter. Gabby's been through a lot, she's had Lukemia and other issues and now this. I know she's very strong and obviously this little girl has a HUGE purpose for being on this earth still! Could you spare a card this week for her? I don't have anything to offer, except my thanks for helping me make this little girl feel special. If you can send her a card, please e-mail me for my address: stampinwithelen at hotmail dot com and if you could pass the word along to others, that would be awesome! Thank you and have a wonderfully blessed day!
~H
If you made or make a card this week for our challenge and need someone to send it to, please consider sending it to Gabby to lift her spirits!  Thank you!!
Be sure to pop on over to our challenge blog to read Grace’s wonderful devotional for this week and be inspired by the Design Team’s creations!  One player will win a $25 Gift Voucher to spend at My Favorite Things store!!

CARD DEETS & BLOG CANDY:
I used my daughter’s sketch challenge at Sketches by Carly for my card.  Everyone who enters by May 31st will be entered to win some BIRTHDAY BLOG CANDY including 3 rubber stamps from La-La Land Crafts!!  (see pic below)

You could win all this!!
You can visit the Design Team for lots of inspiration and to read their deets:
ChrisGraceLindaLisaMarilynn
MiesjePeggysueRebekkaSabrina SSIC BLOG

13 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Darling scene Kris!! I just love your choice of colors and your coloring with the addition of the branch you carried out into your card design. Stunning take on the sketch!! Have a great day my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Miesje said...

Yup, I was searching and searching for your silver (JK)! Funny thing is that I had a hard time with the silver too! I love, love, love your card! Loved using Carly's sketch too - it was fun. Have a great week Kris!

Patti J said...

Awww...Kris, love your card! Those Pure Innocence stamps are just darling! You have colored her so beautifully - she looks like she's having a wonderful time! Happy Sunday, my friend!

Lorie said...

What a sweet card and image! I do love those PI stamps!

Lori said...

What a fantastic card Kris! I love how the dp comes across as a scene. The tree branch is so cute, especially how it comes over the image panel.

Becky said...

This is so adorable. Love the design paper and layout.

Kathy Winter said...

Great card Kris..love the scene you made! Those stamps are so darling:)

Leanne said...

Pretty card Kris. U did a gr8 job with the sketch. Luv the scene u created. Have a gr8 day! Hugs,

Grace said...

Kris I love your card! I tried to comment from my phone as I've been gone all day but I see it never came! :( This image is the one I almost got... I just love it and your fun colors and sketch are fabby! Carly is quite the artist too!!! I really have to play the sketch! Thanks for passing on the need of cards for Gabby! I have grandkids this week but i hope to get this one off to her! Poor thing! Special prayers for her! Hope you have a great week!!!
hugs,
Grace

Helen said...

Oh, Kris, I'm just now seeing this post! Thank you so much for mentioning my plight to get cards for Gabby! That is so awesome of you! Thank you!
I LOVE this card! Your papers are so fun and I love that little swinging girl! CUTE!

Kim Y. said...

Simply sweet, Kristine!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kris, your card is so fun and bright...just what a little girl will need! I love those awesome details you have aded to your card...the fence, the branch extending...just fabulous!!Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Peggysuez said...

Ha, I was trying to figure out how to incorporate silver on mine too, and you can just barely see the little touches of it, in the silver on the brush handle, a little silver edging on the tag . . . but we did it and I love the DT gallery this week, so cheerful and sunshiny bright! This is adorable, the pure innocence stamp lines are wonderful.