Thursday, May 12, 2011

M5D New Digis & Case-a-Cake Challenge

Yay, Blogger is now cooperating…  {crossing fingers}  This Blogger is being such a bugger lately!!  Well here is my post from yesterday---(only the 3rd time I’ve published this… which must mean I REALLY want you to see it huh?!!  LOL)   
 
Today is New Digi Release Day at McMahon Five Designs!
I’ve used this new set from Studio 313 called “3 Cakes
and I made this card using the HOTSPOT Challenge again,
this time choosing #2 of the Brown and… collection. 
brown
 
I loved the look of the brown flourishes on that cake, so I mimicked that by cutting out some flourishes and gluing them to my cardstock.  I would’ve put them on some green c.s. instead of white, but I had already printed out my image onto green polka-dot digi paper and my green c.s. didn’t match so that’s why I went with white base. 
 
This challenge goes ALL MONTH long and one player will win $25 to spend at the McMahon Five Designs store!!  So come over and enter to win!!
 

7 comments:

Danni said...

What a neat challenge! Love your card, so fun!

Diane said...

What a pretty yummy card!!! I haven't been on your blog for a long time for no reason,I missed ya...great work as always Kristine!

Lorie said...

It is still gorgeous today...woohoo!

Crystal said...

OOOOOO girl those cakes are FANTASTIC!!!!! LOVE your fun colors, soooo beautiful!!!! Sorry I haven't been by been super busy always love checking out your work gf!!!!! BOOO on blogger so glad its working now!!!

Amy Johnson said...

This is just so pretty! I love the colors!

Sara I. said...

Gorgeous and adorable card! Love the color combo and those fabby roses!! The cakes look so yummy with your fantastic coloring!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the accent of the flourishes in the background! Beautiful card- I love the flower accents and the colors.