Sunday, April 17, 2011

Little Frieda's Daisy & Some Big TCM News!

Happy Palm Sunday!  Today's Stampin' Sisters in Christ card challenge is based on Matthew 16:23  -Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan!"          I just know that our host, Peggysue, has some insight for us in her wonderful devotional on the DT Blog, so be sure to hop over and read! The challenge is to use either Versamark, or the same color ink as the paper you use so it creates a tone-on-tone effect. 


The image I used is Little Frieda, from The Craft's Meow, which has a brand new blog and store makeover and it's pretty cute so head on over to check those out!  Not only that, TCM is now on Facebook and for every 100 fans by April 30th, The Craft's Meow is giving away a set of the four new stamp sets that will be released on May 1st designed by Nina Brackett!  So hurry on over to TCM's Facebook page and click to "Like" and be entered to win!  =)

ALSO:  Lisa (owner of The Craft’s Meow) shows her appreciation for those who display her store badge on their blog’s sidebar by awarding random prizes now and then, so be sure to grab her badge and you could be her next prize winner!


The Craft's Meow
 

Hope you'll join us at Stampin Sisters in Christ for our Tone-on-Tone challenge this week!  To see the girls' creations in detail please visit their blogs:

ChrisGraceLindaLisaMarilynn
MiesjePeggysueRandiRebekkaSabrina


CARD DEETS:
Stamp:  Little Frieda's Daisy (TCM)
PaperWisteria (BG); Almost Amethyst; Blush BLossom
Accessories:  Peach pearl flourish w/ roses, prima flower, green pearls, & Spellbinders Nesties (McMahon Five Designs); lattice border punch (Martha Stewart); sewing machine & white thread ;)
I have to admit that I cheated just a bit on the challenge as I did not actually stamp my background.  However, it DOES have a tone-on-tone effect, most of what I covered up with my image.  But if you look closely, you'll see green leaves on the green paper.  =)

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Love this Little Frieda image... what's more - great card :D

Happy Easter

Wendy xx

Grace said...

Oh Kris you do such an incredible job with Little Frieda!! I love her in these pretty pastel colors! Great job!!! Happy Palm Sunday and have a wonderful, blessed week my friend!
hugs,
Grace

Peggysuez said...

What a beautiful little card and in such soft soothing colors. Green? And leaves? What ARE those?? Ha! Its snowed here last night and it stuck to the ground too. My view is white again! Wishing you a blessed Easter week!

Miesje said...

Kris, your little Frieda is adorable! I love how you put the grass under her feet! The colors are so soft and pretty! Love it! Have a great week.

Becky said...

Kris, you did a beautiful job on Frieda!! I love how you did that grass.
Hugs :)

Kathy Winter said...

Very pretty KRis..love the colors! Have a great week =)

Elizabeth, The Shepherdess said...

Very cute card, Kris. Frieda's outfit is very fresh and springy! =)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Very pretty Kris!Your image and paper is stunning!
Chris

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous Kris! Just adore the colours and your fabulous colouring as always! Those pearls and roses are lovely touches. Hope you had a good weekend! I had a peak at Carly's blog too! - fabulous makes what a talented family :) Kimx

Lori said...

Very cute and sweet! So you cheated? Nope, you made it work your way, I love it. Hugs

Diana Queen said...

Oh... I love this Frieda! Can't wait to order her... in the meantime I'll be looking for her here! lol ;D You have done a beautiful job with her! I love your card!

MariLynn said...

I love the paper that you used. Awesome card. Have a blessed week!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kristine, wow, you never cease to amaze me with your fabulous coloring skills! The paper you chose is so perfect for little Frieda. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us! Have a blessed day! Hugs, Sabrina