Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let's Hear it For the Guys Challenge

This week's challenge on D2D's Card Ideas blog is "Let's Hear it for the Guys" and you can use any company's digi you'd like!  If you're low on masculine digis however, Faith has come up with some great new digis for the men in your life. Check them out here.

You have until Friday to enter & one player will win their choice of FREE DIGI at the D2D store!

I used the new "Quiet Sunset" digi and colored with Copics. The brown layer is real wood paper, and I used a Tim Holtz wood embossing folder (on the orange).  And to finish it off, I made sailor knots in the twine

“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

9 comments:

Heide said...

Kris,
This is spectacular!he wood and the colors. I really like that you used bright colors for a masculine card.

Kathy said...

Kris I LOVE this! These colors are so vibrant and gorgeous (and orange is my fave). Your coloring is beautiful as always, and a sailor's knot~great idea. This is just brilliant!

Tina said...

Stunning card, love the colours, reminds me of a summer sunset! Gorgeous!!!!

Kathy Winter said...

This is so pretty Kris. I love the deep colors you used and the twine is perfect with the sailors knot!! See you this weekend =)

Bridget said...

Awesome card Kris!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! What a beautiful image and colors!! :)

Danni said...

Wonderful card!!

Lori said...

The colors are so bold! Just gorgeous Kris, I love the wood and sewing. I need to play this one, can't ever get enough man cards.

Peggysue said...

Gorgeous card Kris, love how you colored the sunset.
Hugs,
PeggySue