Thursday, April 21, 2011

Beautiful New Releases at M5D

Hi and happy Thursday!!  I’ve got a couple of cards to share with you for the McMahon Five Designs release today. 

This first one called Stained Glass Cross was created by Sue.  Isn’t it pretty?  I colored it with Copics.  Also, I made this for the Hotspot monthly challenge which is Trash Art—i.e. use something on your card that you might normally throw away, or recycle etc.  Can you believe that I found this pretty plaid ribbon in the trash can at church??  So I snatched it up and thought it would go perfectly with this digi, don’tcha think??

Ingredients:  M5D products:  Stained Glass Cross digital stamp, Cuttlebug Scrollwork embossing folder, Self Adhesive pearls, Copics, Recycled Ribbon from the church trash can☺
Next up, is another gorgeous digi called Hummingbird by Studio 313 (M5D).  I love birds and so I had a lot of fun coloring this one up.  I actually have a big painting hanging on my bedroom wall with flowers & 2 hummingbirds.  Love it!  Beautiful digi Shawne!! =) 

Ingredients:  M5D products: Hummingbird digital stamp, Prima Salmon Roses, Prima Yellow Roses, Kaisercraft Wine & Champagne Self Adhesive Pearls, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# paper, Copics

Also, on the 3rd Thursday of each month, we release a new FREEBIE made by Sue in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness.  You can have the freebie as long as you promise to do your monthly self-exam!!  The ribbons of course can be colored any color.  For a list of awarenesses and their ribbon colors for May, see HERE.
I wanted to make a card with this beautiful new digi but didn’t get it finished in time for my post today.  Will have to share it soon when I do finish =)

Well, that’s not all!!  There’s LOTS more being released today at M5D and lots of gorgeous samples by our design team too!  Please hop on over to the DT blog and prepare to be inspired!! 

12 comments:

Heide said...

WOW! What a beautiful Easter card. Love the fresh bright colors. Your ribbon treatment is spectacular.

Helen said...

I LOVE that plaid ribbon! Who throws ribbon away?!? ;) Both of your cards are gorgeous! They make me smile. Have a great day!

Shawne said...

Wow Kris! I have just come from Michelles blog, you guys have done the most amazing cards with the hummingbird! Yours is so VIBRANT! The colors are spectacular (my word of the day! LOL) but there is no other way to describe it! I love it so much and the cross you did is perfect with the ribbon, perfect! Love them both!

It MUST have been a man who tossed that gorgeous ribbon in the trash! :)LOL

Danni said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

Sara I. said...

I don't know which one is prettier, Kris!!! The first one is gorgeous with that ribbon!! I would have snatched it, too ;) I love the papers and the colors on the second card - you have colored them both fabulously as always :)

Crystal said...

SOOOO Beautiful Kristine, OOOOO I sooo love that heart lace, gorgeous girly!!! hope you are having a GREAT week!

Raven B said...

Love love love did you change your blog around again?
Hugs,
Raven

Becky said...

Fabulous change on the blog.. Gorgeous..Gorgeous cards.

Kim Y. said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the bright colors! So fun!

Shelly Schmidt said...

The ribbon is fabulous! Wow- that was in the trash? Great find! I love the beautiful Stained glass card you created, and the hummingbird is just gorgeous! I hope you have a Blessed Easter!

Amy Johnson said...

both cards are so gorgeous! Love that ribbon. I can't believe someone threw it in the trash! And the colors and flowers on the hummingbird card are so pretty!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

WOW, these are really gorgeous!!! Beautiful use of colour!!