Sunday, March 06, 2011

Thinking of You is so Lovely to Do

Hi, I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday so far?!   As if yesterday wasn't enough with my news of joining the Doodle Pantry Creative Team,  I have even more news to share...  I am rejoining the Stampin Sisters in Christ Sunday Challenges along with the addition of two others you may know: 
 
I admit, I've missed the spiritual food for thought over there at SSIC on a weekly basis and had been giving returning there some thought recently, so when a couple of my past “sisters” came hinting for me to come back and that there was a spot or two open, I knew the timing was right.   =)  Thanks to all the girls there for giving me such a warm welcome “home”  {{♥}} 
 
I know many stampers who make a card and then search for every possible challenge that fits what they made, and that's all fine and well, but this challenge has so much more to offer, and is yours for the taking!!  Meditating on God's Word and then incorporating that into your creation... or just be inspired by it is unique and satisfying.  Psalm 19:14 says, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."  And then it's also mentioned again in Psalm 104:34, "May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD."  So by us meditating on God’s Word, we are pleasing Him.  We were created for His glory and to bring praises to His name, so it’s a good thing what the Stampin’ Sisters are doing, and why we created that challenge blog to begin with.  God made us all with a spiritual need, and although it's not by any means limited to "just" a weekly Scriptural card challenge, I believe that if you participate in the capacity that's available and meditate on the Scripture being shared, that He will meet you where you are and bless you greatly for it.

With that being said, this week's Scripture & challenge is brought to us by Chris: 
Scripture:
"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."   Isaiah 40:7  Amen, and Amen to that!  God never changes and neither does His Word!   Be sure to hop over to the SSIC Blog to read Chris’ thoughts on this verse!
Challenge: Use a stamped flower image on your creation...(dp, embossing or paper flowers do not count as a stamped flower)

For my card, I used my daughter’s newest sketch at Sketches by Carly!  The flower bouquet is a digi set called Mini Rose Pot, by Doodle Pantry and colored with Copics.  *Ü*   THe paper I used is from a GORGEOUS new paper pad by Prima called Madeline.   Lattice punch is Martha Stewart and the pearl are Opaline.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a blessed Sunday and remember to check out the rest of the Design Sisters’ blogs and leave em some love!! *Ü*

Chris Grace Linda Lisa Marilynn
Miesje Peggysue Randi Rebekka Sabrina

24 comments:

Becky said...

What a beautiful card Kris! Wonderful image and beautiful colors.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Welcome back Kristine. I am so excited you are joining us again!! Your card is stunning! Your colors are so cheery and beautiful and your take on the sketch is spot on. Stunning coloring, choice of papers and design.
hugs,
Chris
Have a blessed Sunday!

Grace said...

Welcome HOME Kristine!!! Not only is it wonderful to see your gorgeous creations and smiling face, but it's so good to read your thoughts again too! Love ya girl.... praying for you too!
hugs,
Gracre

Miesje said...

WOW - your card is wonderful and I really liked reading you words, you are right we are more than just a challenge blog - you said it so well. I love your daughter's sketch too! Have a great week!

Diane said...

You are one busy girl! Congrats on returning to the DT! You do such fabulous work Kristine,I know why evryone wants you!
Your card is so beautiful!

Kathy Winter said...

Very pretty Kris...Love the dp!

Lori said...

It's a beauty, Kris! I love the color combo you've used here, it's awesome. Congratulations on your return to SSIC! I don't always make a card but it is always my Sunday favorite. It always makes me think.

Lorie said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you create in these challenges!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kristine, what a gorgeous card and the coloring of those sweet flowers....stunning!! I am looking forward to be working with you and getting to know you a little better!! God has a plan! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Amen and Amen indeed! We're so glad you're back! And what a gorgeous card to behold. The circular greeting is awesome!

Hugs,
Lisa

auntbeespickles said...

This is just a beautiful card! Wow, your coloring is just wonderful! Glad to have you with us at Doodle Pantry and I'm sure the gals are glad your back at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.
Hugs, Sarah

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful bouquet of flowers!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful work Kristine, gorgeous card!

maranda said...

beautiful flowers very lovely colors

Jerusha said...

What wonderful news! I love SSIC, what a great team to be a part of. Your card is absolutely lovely. I love how you've used the words to frame the flowers. Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

This is so pretty! What wonderful inspiration to create a card.

MariLynn said...

Kris, I am so glad that you are back, and I am super excited to join you. I really like the stamped trellis and the punched trellis on your card. The flowers are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it, as well as sharing your faith. I hope you have a wonderful blessed day today!

Robbie said...

This is simply gorgeous. The layout, coloring, image, papers are coordinated so beautifully for a breathtaking card.

K. Joy said...

Simply gorgeous!! Amazing layout, beautiful coloring... You're amazing!!! :) Love it!!!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

So pretty! Love the colors!

Heide said...

What a beautiful bouquet of flowers, for a happy occasion!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - welcome home Sistah! What a gorgeous card - I love that image and your divine colours! This is a fabulous take on the challenge - I love the sketch you have used - you muts be so proud of your DD!! God bless you Kris! {[{HUGS}}}

Rebecca Ednie said...

This easily one of my favourite of Laurie's images! So beautiful!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Your coloring is so well done and your design rocks.