Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Go Lucky Mouse – a Zigzag Tutorial

Hi and happy Saturday! I am happy to report that I am back to crafting again!! Thanks for the prayers and emails.  My hand is healing really well, not 100% there, but it's been less than a week since my surgery. They say give it about 6 weeks and could take up to a year for full recovery, but as good as it is right now, I'm just happy I can get back to my crafts (although washing dishes I could do without for a few more weeks, but I've already had to return to those as well – ugh).  *Ü*

Well, with all the happenings called “LIFE” and starting my new DT last month, it’s been a while since I made anything using Designed 2 Delight images, which I love as well!  Faith has created some fun St. Patty’s Day Digis and sets and this is one of them… isn’t he cute?  (why do I always think of mice as male??  Maybe cause it’s close relation to a rat??  LOL!  totally kidding)…  I even used PINK on this and it still looks like a boy.  ANYWHO…   

This mouse is called St. Pat’s Mouse and you can get him HERE.  The sentiment I used is by Doodle Pantry, and the digi papers are by Studio 313 here.  I decided to try another Zigzag fold card(originally found on Sakkalo's blog here)  for this li’l guy. I don’t attempt this fold often because last time it was a pain for me to convert cm to inches and the only instructions I found out there were in cm, so I created my own version in inches.  You can of course click the pic to enlarge photo and save if you’d like. 

Challenges I'm entering this card into:

Alphabet Challenge Blog - "S" is for Stripes
Card Makin' Mamas - Something Green
Deliscious Doodles - Use Green for St. Patty's Day
Fairy Knoll - St. Patty's Day
Tellen's Place - St. Patty's Day
Wags n' Whiskers - use more than 1 fold
Li'l Miss Muffet CHallenges - use Designer Papers
MelJen's Designs - use Green
Paper Play - shades of green/ good luck
ABC challenge - P is for Pearls

That’s all for today!  OH, and I see that Designed 2 Delight is having a DT Call, so if you love their digis & can made a card a week, see the deets on the Inspiration Blog Here.  Good Luck *Ü*  I’ll have a “peaceful” card to share tomorrow for the Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenge so hope you’ll pop by again soon.

20 comments:

Helen said...

What a delightful card and post this morning! I'm so glad you're feeling better! Your crochet flowers are amazing and I love that sentiment! Cute, cute card! Have a wonderful week-end!

Lorie said...

This is so cute Kris! I love the shamrocks on his/her tail! Thanks for the instructions to make the card. I may have to try this one, too. Ever feel like I copy you a lot? :o)

Lisa said...

FantastiThanks for playing at MelJen's this week:)c. Love the coloring and the layout and colors!

Rose Petal said...

Hello Kris. This is such a delightful and colourful creation. Love the image, and you are right, it does look like a Male, haha. I love all your additional details, its just wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Basement Stamper said...

I just made one of these cards this weekend and it was a very elegant fold. I'll have to try it again. Love the papers, I used those on one of my cards as well.

K

Saskia said...

Ooooh... gorgeous card, so cute!!! Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles Challenge! Good luck!

Saskia :)

Lori said...

Good news! Glad to see your able to get crafty. This is a very cool card, and what a delightful little rat. I know you said mouse, but it looks like a cute rat to me. LOL

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, no crafting-wow, how did you manage! =) Your card is just adorable. I love that fold. I may have to try that one! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Tellen's Place St. Patty's day challenge. Good luck and I hope to see you again!
Hugs, Sarah

Wendy M said...

Absolutely gorgeous card xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Kris, what a really GORGEOUS card!!! Love that sweet image and that zig zag fold looks very cool!! I've not seen one before! Hmmm...maybe I print it out and give it a go...maybe not?!! LOL!! Thanks for sharing hun!!

Joynana said...

Love this card, have got to find the directions. Your choice of colors and flowers are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

Anita said...

Your card is absolutely adorable. Thank you for sharing with us in the Meljen's Designs challenge this week.

Teri said...

Beautiful hun!
Thanks for playing our 'Green for St. Patrick' challenge at Delicious Doodles, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

frazzled2day said...

This is a really cute card Kris....lurve the little mouse!!! Thanks for playing along with Paper Play Challenges blog this week, hope we see you next week, hugs, Janey x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A lovely card. A cute image, fab papers and great design. Thankyou for sharing this with us at Tellen's Place this week and hope to see you back next time

Happy Days said...

Beautiful card, love everything about it. Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles. I hope you'll join us next time.

Good luck

Claire x

Jane said...

A great card love the cute image and the card base is great must try that fold thanks for playing at Tellens Place thsi week
Luv Jane xxx

mckinkle said...

Gorgeous card, great folds!

Thanks for playing along with our 'Something Green' challenge over at Delicious Doodles.

Keryn :)

Terry Oulboub said...

Hi Kristine, you know I just love the style of this card with those bold beautiful colors. Your image is so cute and the flowers are gorgeous green - so brilliantly standing out! Thanks for joining us this week at Tellen's Place this week for our "St. Patrick's Day Celebration!" :~)

...just Barbara said...

Dropping by and making my rounds at all the wonderful creations! Thanks for playing along in "Designer Paper" challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. :D