Sunday, March 20, 2011

Everything's Better With a Friend

Happy Sunday friends!!There’s a new Scripture challenge up today at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges but before we get to that, I have a li’l announcement.  As some of you know, Doodle Pantry was scheduled for a New Release today, but that’s been postponed now until Tuesday, 22nd due to Laurie being sick.  So I hope you’ll check back in on Tuesday for the next release & challenge! 

Back to our Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge today… our very sweet & talented Grace Nywening is this week’s host! 

Verse:  But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you." Matthew 6:6.   Pop on over to the challenge blog to read Grace’s devotion today.  You will be blessed!! 

Challenge:  create a card or project that has something hidden from first view. (It could be many things... an envelope, a pull out, doors that open to reveal something, a Joy Fold, Flip Flop, Magic, Slider...anything that you don't see at first glance.)

Sponsor:  Our Daily Bread Designs - $15 Gift Certificate to buy stamps in the store!

About my card:  I used the cute digi set, “Watermelon Lunch” by Doodle Pantry and made a pocket pull-out card!  The digi paper is also by Doodle Pantry.  I love that everything in the sets come in both jpeg AND png so you can layer an image right over the top of your paper like I did below. 

Hope you’ll come join in the challenge this week!  One player will win a $15 GC and three of you will get a special Shining Star award badge for your blog!

For more inspiration on today's challenge, please visit my DT Sisters:
Chris, Grace, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa , Kris, Sabrina, & MariLynn  (Randi is on leave)

Be Creative… Ink Something!!

22 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a darling pocket card Kristine. Your coloring is so vivid and gorgeous!! My fave is the blue with the dot detail. I just love it to bits. Gorgeous design and perfect for the hidden challenge!!

Have a great Sunday my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Heide said...

How adorable! Colors are just perfect and love the papers too.

Grace said...

OMGoodness Kristine... this is so amazing!!! I just LOVE your pocket card design! Love the whole scene you created!!! Your papers and coloring are fantastic!!! So glad you are back with us... we love your wonderful designs!!!

Miesje said...

Now that was some great save - you created that in just a wee little bit of time and look at it! Amazing! Love the paper and the image and the wonderful bright colors and - well - it is truly a great hidden message card! Have a fantabulous week Kris!

Lorie said...

How absolutely adorable Kris! Uh, plain? I don't think so!

Basement Stamper said...

I saw this image on Lorie's site yesterday, it's super cute!!! Adorable pocket card.

Becky said...

What an adorable image Kris, colored beautifully.
Hugs. :)

Kathy Winter said...

Oh Kris...this turned out so cute! Not plain at all =) Love the "hidden" insert and the sponged turquoise around it, looks great *Ü*

Jerusha said...

This is soooo sweet! I am in love with this image. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can have some watermelon for lunch! GREAT colours and paper. So sweet!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Kristine, this is fabulous! What a great take on the challenge -- love your design.

MariLynn said...

Kris, this is adorable. I love the colors. I pray that Laurie gets feeling better soon.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, what a cute card! I love that challenge. I'm going to have to go and check out some other projects. Super sweet card!
hugs, Sarah

Dianne said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! Love the image and papers.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Kris!! this is such a fun design for the hidden challenge, brilliant!
hugs & blessings

Lori said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts, I feel much the same way. This is a very sweet card. Have a wonderful week gf!

Glenda Atkins said...

Terrific card, very cute and so well done! I adore that bow with the fabulous button. Wonderful!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card... had a look through lots of your cards and creations and all I can say is - WOW! You are very talented when it comes to creating.

Your thoughts reminded me of when I was very young and at Bible college. I found it difficult to pray publically too. Unfortunately, someone complained to the Principal that I was not praying publically and this just made it all the more difficult for me because I felt the spotlight was on me and even more pressurised. Not how God wants us to feel. Prayer with God alone is precious but it is good to pray with others too. God has helped me to pray with friends but I still find it difficult sometimes.

Sassylassy said...

Hi doll face!
Wicked wicked wicked cute. I just love your card. The image and paper is so darn cute!
Hugs Bonnie

K. Joy said...

This is so, so cute!!!! I love pocket cards!! Now I'm going to have to make one. ;) Adorable colors and button, too!! Thanks for sharing!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kris, your card is too cute for words!! Your coloring is stunning...to say the least! Thanks for sharing on how you feel about prayer. I felt the same way for a long time, but learned that when you open up to pray for others it helps them to see God in you. Your personal conversations are still yours to have in private, but you never know who will give their live to the Lord after you've prayer for them and with them ;D. Sending you hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Helen said...

FUN! Your watermelon paper is perfect for this image and I love how you paper pieced the background of the image. Such a fun card!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love how you layered the image on the digi DP! fabulous