Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Different Kind of Peace...

Happy Sunday friends!!
Today's Stampin Sisters in Christ card challenge is brought to us by Lisa who shares this verse:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."                
Philippians 4:6-7 and so her challenge for us is a different kind of peace... “piece” as in paper piecing!!  How clever ;)  She wants us to use PAPER PIECING in the main image of your card/project.  So I’ve paper pieced this girl’s dress and I’ve also pieced my whole card and stitched the hills and clouds on (from the Create-a-Critter cartridge)!!  What a fun scene.  This li'l girl is called Little Frieda’s Daisy, found at Lisa's new store, The Craft's Meow.

We have DOUBLE SPONSORS this week!!  One player will win a one-year subscription to the Technique Junkies Newsletter!  ALSO, a 2nd player will win 3 Little Frieda Stamps from Lisa’s new store, The Craft’s Meow!   If you can’t wait to see if you’ve won, you can buy ALL THREE Little Frieda stamps right now and save 20%!! 

So come on over and show us YOUR paper-pieced creations!!
For more inspiration, please visit our Design Team:  Chris, Grace, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa , Kris, SabrinaMariLynn  & (Randi is on leave)

14 comments:

Grace said...

Kris this is adorable!!! I love the eye popping color and the little dotted pieced dress is so cute!!! Love the scene you created with paper!!! Soooo cute!!! Hope you have a great week!!!
hugs,
Grace

Becky said...

Kris, this fabulous girl! Love the paper piecing and love the design paper you used to create this scene.

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh, this is so wonderful! Paper piecing the entire card - WOW! I love every bit of it from the butterfly to the clouds to the stitching to the flowers to the bling. Okay - guess I love the card! Have a great week Kris!

Lorie said...

Awww...this is wonderful Kris! You little details blow me out of the water!

Lori said...

Sweet! The patterned hills are fantastic, Kris. Little Fredia's dotted dress is perfect.

Kathy Winter said...

This is great Kris..Love the li'l girls paper pieced dress and the scene is super!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous Paper piece Fredia!! I just love the red polka dots and your "Field". The combo of dp and your design is gorgeous my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Wendy said...

Stunning :D

Danni said...

This is fantastic! Love it!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is sooo gorgeous Kris - LOVE the little scene you've created for little Frieda!
xXx

Helen said...

I love it! I love your bright cheerful colors and little Frieda's dress is too cute! I also love your new blog look! Very springy and pretty! Have a blessed week!

MariLynn said...

Kris, this is adorable. I love how cute your little paper pieced dress looks. I hope you have a blessed day today! HUGS!!

Peggysuez said...

Yay for polka dotted paper pieced dresses! This looks so bright and cheery in red! And you created such a neat little scene, this is great!

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Kris - this is adorable! I love your bright colours and the fabulous scene you ahve created! I love your paper piecing! I am happy to be making a QUICK visit this week! {{{hugs}}}