Monday, March 07, 2011

Cuddly Bear Kleenex Holder

Hi there!  Bet ya thought you wouldn’t hear from me this week, didja?  I was good and pre-posted some things for your viewing pleasure while I am recovering from surgery… wasn’t that nice of me?  LOL!   (JK)  So I wanted to use this adorable Cuddly Bear set (Kaitlyn got me hooked!) from Doodle Pantry and I thought, wouldn’t he look cute with a box of tissues in his lap?  But I don’t draw very well, so I Googled “digi stamp kleenex” and guess what popped up?? 
This adorable “Mini Kleenex Package Holder” tutorial by the very talented Maria Bell!  She created this simple design in 2009.  It was so easy to make and perfect for this cute li’l guy!  Oh wait, I think she’s a girl (with those lace curtains and pretty colors and all! LOL)

I paper pieced the pillow and bedspread.  I first printed him on copy paper, half-way down the page, then I taped a piece of designer paper in the right spot and ran it back thru.  Then I repeated for the 2nd designer paper, cut them out and taped them onto the bear layer!  Whala!  Oh, then I pop dotted him to the backdrop for dimension.
The sentiment came from the Turtle Hello digi set, also by DP.
Go check out Maria’s easy tutorial and try out your own!!  =)
Doodle Pantry has lots of great new sets released this week… be sure to check em out!!
Have a creative day… Ink Something!

21 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my word Kristine this is the cutest EVER!!! This design is over the top fun, and soooo creative sweetie!!! Okay I can't even tell you what I like about this cause I LOVE LOVE It all!!!! Perfection!

Helen said...

This is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! Oh my goodness! Did you hear me gasp when I saw it? I'm sure you could hear me all the way from KS! It's just too cute for words! Love it!!!

Lorie said...

Oh, goodness...just when I was going to try one of your neat boxes you show me something else I want to try! This is FABULOUS!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! Now that is just way too cool!! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!! What an adorable project sweetie!! TFS! HUGS

Seleise said...

super cute! love the curtains! :)

K. Joy said...

LOL So glad I got you hooked on this cute little bear!! :) I LOVE your box of kleenex - what a fun project, and TOO CUTE! Love the curtains. ;) Oh, and thanks for pre-posting while you are recovering... Appreciate it much-ly! ;) Hope you heal quickly!!

Kathy Winter said...

So cute Kris..Love this li'l bear. Great idea for those small packs of Kleenex too.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, what a darling darling idea! How fun is this! Great creativity!!
Hugs, Sarah

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my goodness! How fabulous and creative!! What a great creation using Laurie's sweet bear.

Glenda Atkins said...

Ahhh so cute, adore that little cuddly bear and really like those curtains!!

Robbie said...

Oh My Stars this is soooooo cute! Just the thing to wish someone well. Just love it!

Jerusha said...

Oh my, oh my! This is sooo cute it just made me squeal. ADORABLE! I love it. I wish I was as creative as you. Amazing! :)

Heide said...

Oh my goodness! I am in love with this, so very CUTE!

Debbie Pamment said...

Hope your recovering OK gorgeous! Am thinking of you!
Now onto this cutie - TOTALLY LOVE IT! Anything that can dress up a boring bx of tissues is a winner!
xXx

Monique said...

This is the cutest tissue box!!! I love how it looks like he is in bed!! this is sure to cheer anybody up!!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

wow this is sooo cute! Love the lace curtains and the bear is adorable!

Sharon Basel said...

Oh how sweet Kris! This is adorable - your coloring of this cuddly bear is exceptional and I adore the paper-pieced pillow and the lace curtains. Such a fantastic display of creativity and talent. So glad you've shared this with us at Doodle Pantry!
All the best,
Sharon, DP-DT

1LuvnMama said...

Hope you're feeling better Kris and this is a very cute Kleenex holder. I made one myself about a year ago using Maria's tutorial. Yes, she is talented! :) Luv yours with the curtain!

Rebecca Ednie said...

OMW, this is totally adorable! What a great idea for a table or desk! soo cute!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is just awesome. You chose the perfect image for this too. Your colors, construction, and overall look of the project is just stellar. What a fun project. Thanks for sharing the info. Best, Curt

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Kris, I thought I would stop by after seeing this uber-cute tissue box cover on SCS. I have been having a wonderful time looking through your Blog - wow - so many beautiful projects! Just added you to my Google Reader so I won't miss a thing!