D2D - Caring Kaela Stand Up Card


Happy Friday!!  Today was the last day of school before Spring Break for the kids.   I picked up my mom and we went to the Talent Show at the Middle School for the last hour and a half.  My older daughter Carly sang in it and was fabulous!  She was so nervous though understandably!   She had me get up early today to curl her hair in ringlets and it turned out so cute.  Here’s a pic I snapped just before school today.  

So my card today showcases the cute new digi set called “Caring Kaela” by Designed 2 Delight!   I first saw this card by Lorraine so I searched SCS forums and found instructions for this Stand Up card and thought I’d try it!  This fun set comes with so many images, with or w/o a smile, butteflies or w/o, tulips, scenes or individual!  So I used my picket fence punch and grass die to create this cute li’l scene.  Whaddaya think??    

Here’s the pattern I followed.  It’s sooo SIMPLE too!  (click the pick to enlarge for detail).  

  
1)  Cut your cardstock to 12” x 5.5” and score horizontally at 2”, 4”, 8”, and 10” 
2)  On the 2 outside ends, measure down 3” from the top and make a pencil mark.  Then using your cutter, make a diagonal cut from that mark to the TOP of your 4” score.  Discard that cut-off triangle.  
3)  Then just fold and decorate!!  Easy Peasy!!  SCS also has a gallery of these if you’d like more inspiration! 

Here are a couple more photos so you can get a better idea of what it looks like. 




Have a creative day... Ink Something!!