Sunday, March 13, 2011

Asian Garden – SSIC “Treasures of the Heart”

Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  
Today’s Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge is hosted by Lovely Linda! She chose Matt. 6:21 (above) and her challenge is so fitting:  Use something you treasure on your card - whether it be bling, flowers, something new or have been saving for a long time - show us your treasures! 

About My Card:  I chose to use my new digi set from Doodle Pantry called Asian Garden.  Love how peaceful this scene is… and who wouldn’t treasure peace in their life?  This card is full of my crafting treasures, like this designer paper from Prima called Madeline (which sounds like my daughter Madalyn, who I treasure *wink*), pearls, and satin ribbon.

My Thoughts:  Sometimes I get crafting things that I absolutely love and just have a hard time using it because once I do I won’t have it anymore.  That’s prolly where hoarding comes from, ya think?  Going back the Scripture, I want to share a little bit more of the surrounding verses.  “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”  Matt. 6:19-21  When wealth is coveted, and is a priority in our life, it becomes a god.  And “No one can serve two masters.”  Matt. 6:24.  If you think about it this way… the things that we have on earth that can be burned up by a fire… damaged in a flood… lost or stolen from us, those are the things that this verse is talking about and can cause our heart great disappointment, but if we cherish the things of heaven, they cannot be taken away and will never disappoint.  They are “reserved in heaven for you" and  "kept by the power of God through faith".  

I think we’d all agree that our family is very much a treasure and priority in our life… but so are my friends and blogging buddies out there too (to a different extent of course), but none the less, you all lift me up and encourage me and who I run to when I’m either bored, frustrated, hurting, or excited—think of all the things we blog about!  And this SSIC challenge is a “treasure” too because we are investing in things of heaven, which is perhaps why I went back to the team.  To spread God’s Word to a large community of crafters, some of who might not hear the Scriptures otherwise, and to fellowship with other believers and lift each other up.  (The things God instructs us to do.)   

Anyways, I think that Linda created this challenge so that we get out those things we love (and hoard) and use them in our creation this week.  Give it away to someone from your heart.  It won’t do anyone good if it sits in a drawer!  LOL. 

Let’s see what crafty treasures YOU have to use this week!  Come join us at the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge blog, and 3 of you will be chosen for our Shining Star award, and ONE of you will win a cute stamp set by Simon Says Stamp!  =)  See what the rest of the Design Team created:

Chris Grace Linda Lisa Marilynn
Miesje Peggysue Randi Rebekka Sabrina

23 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning Kris.
This is stunning. Love this image and you colored it beautifully. Wonderful insight on the verse this morning.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs. :)

Peggysuez said...

Such a pretty creation, love that little fan on the side. Funny our thoughts ran in the same direction, it is so true, it never will do anyone any good sitting in a drawer. And it would all be gone in an instant should disaster come, except that which is eternal.

Lorie said...

This is just lovely Kris!

Miesje said...

What a truly peaceful card! The fan on the card is so pretty! Your thoughts are right where many of our thoughts were - I really like how it was all tied into the scripture. I also like to read the verses before and after - thanks for sharing that! Have a wonderful week!

maranda said...

hi kristine, beautiful colors and the card you have made is so lovely
hugs maranda

Grace said...

Hi Kristine!! Oh my goodness I love your card!!! The image is absolutely stunning and you've colored it beautifully! Love the little fan... so clever! I especially love reading your insight on the Scripture and am so in agreement with you! I treasure you my sister in Christ! Have a wonderful week!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Kristine!! I just love the image on your card. So beautifully colored with the spring feel. The papers and the fan and the bow are a gorgeous touch. I also enjoyed reading your words on the scripture and how you pulled in other verses as well. Such an inspiration. Have a wonderful week, my treasured friend.
hugs,
Chris

Jerusha said...

Absolutely beautiful. You just have a knack for bringing colour and style together. You always inspire me!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wow kristine...this is SO beautiful and really captures the asian beauty of this image. Very nice.

Heide said...

What a beautiful scene you have created. Love the coloring and the fan is the perfect touch!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! So stunning here Kris!! LOVE the fan fold along the side!! The colors, layout and everything about this is so unique and different!! VERY STUNNING!! TFS! HUGS

Glenda Atkins said...

So beautiful, a very striking card! Love the image, the fan and your gorgeous bow. Wonderful!!

Lori said...

Bravo, well written. The card is gorgeous, too! The dp and fan go so well with the image. Love it!

Amy Johnson said...

what a beautiful card! I love all the color and the paper accent on the side.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Kristine! You have created a beautiful scene with your superb coloring.

Kathy Winter said...

Very pretty and peaceful Kris...love all the elements about it=)

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, you card is just breath taking! You really inspired me in your blog post. I also "save" things to be used later on that "special" project. I would be just crushed if I didn't get to use those items but I still keep them in the drawer. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Hugs, Sarah

Sharon Basel said...

Wowzer Kristine - my jaw has just dropped to the floor seeing this gorgeous card! What an incredible job with the image and then to go over the top with that beautiful fan and papers. Absolutely breath-taking! And what a wonderful message too.
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kristine, your card is so very beautiful and reminds me of a Japanese garden. We lived in Japan for 4 years and walking through the Japanese gardens has so much tranquility and peace. Your card looks just like one of those gardens. Your coloring is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed week!Hugs, Sabrina

K. Joy said...

OK how do I say how much I LOVE this card??? I love the colors and that cool fan, and the satin-looking ribbon...and I really love the Asian Garden set, because it reminds me of the gardens that my Grandma and I visit together. You have colored it so amazingly beautifully!! :)) Thanks for the little devotional, too. That is a great reminder, and that verse always makes me think. :)

MariLynn said...

Kris, looking at your card made me think of a Japanese garden. I pray for peace and more than that salvation for the people who are dealing with the devestation in Japan. I love all the bright colors on your card. Thanks for sharing your insight to our Treasures!

Helen said...

First, thank you for the reminder & encouragement regarding our "treasures". Really gives me something to think about today as we're interviewing people for a position with our company. I could be the only bright spot in these peoples lives and I truly treasure making people smile and feel like someone cares. Second, your card is so beautiful! It is such a peaceful image and your colors are wonderful! Well done, friend! Have a blessed day!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love how you coloured the tree like it is coloured in flowers. When I coloured it, I treated them like leaves. It adds amazing color! And your supporting elements work so well!