Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Paper Pieced Sweetie

Hello! Wednesdays are my day to post for La-La Land Crafts so I give you Sweeheart Marci!  She's from the latest Valentine Collection.  Every time I sit down to color up this adorable Marci I remember my daughters when they were small and wore their hair in pigtails just like this, giggling and making homemade valentines.  (now they won't hardly let me touch their hair, boohoo!)

I really enjoy these cute Marci stamps and this is definately one of my faves.  I decided to paper piece her dress to match the background paper.  And her buttons are tiny twinkles (small rhinestones) that I got in my Key Ingredients kit in December.  And then the pink ball-tipped pins kinda resemble the pony holders in her hair and add a fun element to the card.  I always dip the ends of pins in crystal effects and hold it til it dries and creates a protective ball on the ends so nobody gets poked ;)

That's all for today!  Tomorrow is New Digi Release Day at McMahon Five Designs, and I have a pretty card to share for that, so hope you'll stop back by tomorrow!  =) 

Have a great day and happy crafting!!

13 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

ADORABLE card!!!

Lorie said...

Super pretty!

Crystal said...

Absolutely ADORABLE Kristine, WOW LOVE your paper piecing!!!

Sassylassy said...

Simply Sweet! Great job with her dress. You are always so clever!
Hugs Bonnie

Lori said...

So sweet! I really like the straight pins, thanks for the CE tip. My dd wore her hair in pig tails often. Now she 'lets' me straighten the back of her hair. LOL

*Vicki* said...

AWWW!! Kris, this card is sooo sweet!! LOVE the colors, your added hearts everywhere and stick pins!! Your paper piecing is delish hun!! HUGS

Kathy Winter said...

Awwe she is so pretty in her pig tails. Love the dp and the paper piecing on her dress really ties it all together. Love the straight pins too!

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing the tip on the stick pins -- great idea!!

Jana Weaver said...

Gorgeous!! I love the pink and green, and the pins in the bow are so perfect!!

Berenice R. said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Wicked SWEET!

Helen said...

I love the little pony holders in her hair! That is an awesome idea! I think this is another one of my fav cards EVER! I love the pink & green together on this one! Uber adorable!

Seleise said...

adorable! perfect colors and design! super cute!