Friday, February 11, 2011

♪ Make a Joyful Noise ♫

I have a very special card to share today.  My boss asked me to make a card with a music theme for a lady at church who has played the piano and organ for more than 50 years!   She is having to retire that particular talent due to health reasons, so they're honoring her with a reception a week from Sunday and he wanted it to be an extra large card so that he can have everyone at church sign it.  I've never made a card this big... it's 12"x6" and this is what I came up with!

I knew exactly which stamp set to use for this... "Make a Joyful Noise" by one of my "alma maters," Layers of Color.  It's a clear stamp set, so I curved the [straight] piano piece on the block, stamped and cut it out (2) for the sides of my sentiment.  The musical swags in 2 corners where just what those corners needed, and I added the Treble Clef I cut out and then mounted on black c.s. and cut out for a mat. 

The white "M" and "C" are for the lady's initials.  The paper is from the free DP pack I got for buying $50 of SU! supplies during their Sale-a-bration promotion.

I forgot to take pictures of the inside, but I punched the inside corners with a fancy punch and stamped the straight piano keys down the outside edges. 

Here's a couple more close-up pics of the front.  I added stickles to the butterfly and li'l crystal twinkles to the prima flowers and swags.  I am just a tad worried that if too many people handle this that some of the things might come off... so I advised my boss to maybe keep it on a table in a room and have people go in to sign it.  Might keep it in better shape than passing it around, ya think??  LOL



Well, today was a good day.  My youngest daughter went to a slumber party at a friend's house after school, so we took Carly to the park and played basketball-- good time to give her some pointers before her game tomorrow.  She actually made a ton of baskets tonight!!  One of the guys on her team showed up at the park too so we had a good time with them.  Tomorrow's my birthday, and we don't really have "special" plans... doing the norm and watching the girls' BBall game in the morning.  Maybe they'll make a basket especially for me *Ü*  -- then maybe go out for lunch or dinner.  What more could a mom want?  =)

P.S.
a SCAL maybe???!!!!   LOL!  (that's the Sure Cuts a Lot software that works with your cricut machine, in case you didn't know, heehee!)  I'll keep ya posted on that one!  ;-P  Just kidding. I'm healthy and happy so all is good!

8 comments:

Lorie said...

That is absolutely beautiful Kris! What a special card for a wonderful lady!

Helen said...

Your card is amazing! It's so beautiful! Everything about it is gorgeous. The lady is going to love it! You have an amazing gift and it's wonderful to see how you're using it to glorify the Lord. Have a blessed birthday tomorrow!

Kathy Winter said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!! Love this card, it turned out so awesome. This lady is gonna love it for sure.

Have a great day today and I'll call you later. Good luck at the BBall game.

Diane said...

Oh wow! I'm sure the recipient will enjoy this card tremendously! It's gorgeous!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTINE! Hope you are enjoying yourself and that you have a SPECIAL DAY!!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday!!! Good Luck to Carly, hope the game was a success. This card will be a treasured gift for the lucky retiree. :-)Beautiful elements, Kris.

1LuvnMama said...

Can I sing you a song?
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Kris,
Happy Birthday to you!

And many more! Have a good one!

Sassylassy said...

Happy Birthday sweetie I hope you had a fabulous day filled with lots of love laughter and topped with cake and ice cream!
Hugs Bonnie

Shelly Schmidt said...

Happy Birthday Kristine! I hope you had a great day and was treated ike a queen! I love this fabulous card!