Sunday, January 09, 2011

Help for Katie – a Fundraiser

I recently got an email from a friend who told me about a fellow crafter, Katie Emmerson Renz, married to Kevin with 3 beautiful boys:  the twins Nate & Will aged 5 and Hunter aged 10 had some news just before Christmas that has rocked their world as they know it.
Katie has been diagnosed with stage 4 Stomach Cancer and is currently undergoing her only option which is Chemotherapy. 
Oh, my heart just sank when I read that.  You can read about her story on Katie's blog.  The reason I’m posting this for you all though is that many digi artists are coming together to do a fundraiser to help Katie and her family with medical expenses and something special for her 3 young boys. 

You can GO HERE to read more about the fundraiser… please do as there are pictures of the family and pics of all the wonderful digi sets being donated for this special cause. Everyone who donates the asking amount (£15) will get ALL 20 of the digi sets, which is a great value! and what’s more is that every time you donate, you get your name into the hat for one of the FABULOUS PRIZES that were donated included a whole (148) set of Letraset Markers!!  And better yet, you will be helping their family during this burdensome time.   

Shawne of Studio 313 designed a cute Whale Set which you will receive with your donation.  I made a nameplate wall hanging with it for my nephew’s new baby boy, Carson.
and here it is hanging on a wall.  (now I’ll have to make a girly one for his older sister Isabelle.  Carolyn, if you go over to visit them before they get over here please let me know so I can send these with you!  *Ü*                
If you’d like to make a card for Katie or her boys, you can contact Jak Heath for mailing info. 

Have a great day, and remember to count your many blessings today!! 


 
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows."  2 Corinthians 1:3-5

9 comments:

Jak Heath said...

Gosh Kris your samples are fabulous, thank you so much for helping.

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Beautiful blessings, Kristine...gorgeous! You have a heart of gold my friend!

HUGS!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Kris - these are such beautiful creations for such a lady! I should have guessed you would be a part of this - you are one of those crafters I admire who is always there for those in need! Let's hope we can give Katie and her boys something to smile about!
xXx

*Vicki* said...

Kris, this is so very precious hun!! I love your colors and the fun images!! So wonderful!!HUGS

Lorie said...

Wow, Kris that is fabulous! I'm not sure why I didn't know about the fund raiser but I'll take a look at it today!

Emily Painter-Davis said...

Wow... I love what you did with this.
You're a dear.
Hugs,
Em

Shawne said...

Awww, this is just sooo cute, they are going to LOVE this and his sister will want a girly one for sure, perfect baby gift! Thank you for your beautiful work!

Such a wonderful verse to go with your post today too.

xo

Helen said...

This is amazing! I love wall hangings and this is the most adorable one I've ever seen! I think this fundraiser is so sweet, too. What a wonderful way for the crafting community to help out!

Kathy Winter said...

Awwe this is such an adorable project Kris...they're gonna love this. Great fundraiser too, I'd be happy to help:)