Saturday, January 08, 2011

Hau`oli la Hanau Ruby!

That's Hawaiian for "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"  Thought I'd impress you with my other fluent language... NOT!  I had to Google that phrase, LOL. Never even been to Hawaii, but for today, we'll pretend!  ;)
 
 Today is our Guest Designer, Ruby's birthday and her McMahon Five Designs team is wishing her happy birthday!!  We've all posted a li'l sumpt'n on our blogs... come hop along!  *Ü* 
 

ABOUT MY CARD:
This card features "CLARA" from Fairy Doodler.  Isn't she cute?  The pink paper I used has flowers all over it and was the first thing I thought of when I decided on this image.  (Looks hawaiian to me) 
The black piece behind my main image is hard to see, but it's an accordian medallion that I first punched with a floral border (Martha Stewart punch). There's more dimension to it than you can see in this photo.  (just have to trust me on that *wink*)

 Ruby,


Come Hop along the Birthday trail, and most importantly, stop by RUBY's BLOG to wish her a special day!!    
 
Sue
Raven
Lorie
Christine
Shelly
Michelle  
Kris <---You are here
Bonnie
Amy
Carolyn
  
             RUBY <---birthday girl!



15 comments:

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Wow! I didn't know you spoke Hawaiian. *WINK* Your card turned out beautiful!!!

Ciacchina said...

wow! siete troppo simpatiche!

Scrappin' Sista said...

WOW!!! What a gorgeous card. TFS.

Lorie said...

Gorgeous as always Kris!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!!

Ruby said...

Kristine, you had me going about speaking Hawaiian...until I got to the NOT...lol!!! Your card is just gorgeous and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Debc06 said...

Love your card and Happy Birthday Ruby.
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com/

FairyD said...

Oh..it's me again!!! (shuffling in all embarrassed!!) Your card is S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!

I LOVe the black cuty outy thingy (you know me, I don't craft) I thought it was lace this morning!!

On my way over to wish Ruby a fantabulous birthday.

FairyD x

Amy Johnson said...

what a perfect image and card to celebrate Ruby's birthday! It's beautiful!

Carolyn said...

Very nice wishes for Ruby :)
Your card is GORGEOUS! My daughter was born in Hawaii, and she would seriously LOVE this. Did I miss this Fairy Doodler image? Yikes....have to check with Sue. Have a great weekend.

Carolyn :)

Kathy Winter said...

Beautiful card Kris...love the colors you chose!!

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Wow!! beautiful cards, I'm now a follower YAY!!! I'll be back to see your next beautiful project and Carly's:)
Hugs,
Norma

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love that darling image- love the DSP and the medallion- so pretty!

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Love the card and all the colors!! Just beautiful:) happy B-day Ruby

Helen said...

Your card is beautiful and this image is so sweet! I love it! I love birthday blog hops, too! What a fun way to celebrate someone!