Friday, January 21, 2011

Cozy Gazebo - "Remember When..."

So have you seen all the fabulous new releases at Doodle Pantry yet?  OH, they are so awesome.  I just HAD to get this "Cozy Gazebo" as it's so versatile and full of potential--- with just a li'l wood paper, and Flower Soft it really comes alive!  (you can click the pic for a closer look)

For my sunset, I played a little in my photoshop program.  Really all I did was create a rectangle and then gave it a "Gradient Overlay" (there's several rainbow choices).  This one seemed perfect for a sunset, although I did tone it down with the contrast a bit.  Then I gave it an "Inner Shadow" and turned up the texture on it which gave this nice sand or wood grain effect.  Then I cut it out leaving some white around and layered it onto some real wood (Bird's Eye wood) and sponged the edges with a cocoa ink.  The Sign Hanger is a Sizzix die by Tim Holtz.  Kinda makes it look like a realty sign... almost =)  The white scalloped border up top ties in the scallops in the gazebo digi.  And last but certainly not least, I added some pretty Flower Soft to the bushes and trellis' and added some prima flowers in the corner. 

The challenge at Doodle Pantry is a "LOVE" theme, so come on over and play along!!  One player will win $10 in digis and 3 will get a Top 3 badge for your blog! 

Have a crafty kind of weekend-- Ink Something!!

8 comments:

Diane said...

Ahhhhh! Just want to go and sit there and relax!
Lovely Kristine!

Kathy Winter said...

Oh so beautiful Kris...Love the flower soft on the there as well, really brings it to life!! And the sunset background..AWESOME, you must tell me how you did that:)

Basement Stamper said...

That looks gorgeous, love the flowersoft on it.

Lorie said...

Wow, Kris...that is absolutely gorgeous! I love the sentiment!

Rose Ann said...

This is incredibly beautiful, Kristine!! I love how you made your sunset background, and your gazebo really comes to life with the addition of Flower Soft!! Your wooden sign is a most perfect accent as well!!

Helen said...

This is so very pretty! It does look like a realty sign. The flower soft is the perfect touch!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I sure wish I were the computer whiz you are!

Lori said...

It's art like this, that makes me want my color printer back. This card is awesome, love the sunset, wowzers! The wood and flowersoft are the perfect partners with this image, I agree.