Thursday, December 30, 2010

Whimsical Cardinals

 Have you seen that commercial where a woman sits with this statue of a bird in a hand and the appraiser basically tells the woman "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush"... and she has this surprised look on her face and says, "Reeeaaaally!"  LOL.  I don't know why I think that's so funny but I laugh every time I see it!  So there's the story behind my sentiment.  Not sure WHO'D I give this to but had fun making it. 

The cardinals are this week's freebie from Designed 2 Delight.  Tonight's the deadline to get in your entries and get next week's image FREE so hurry on over to Delightful Inspiration Blog and enter!!

 

CARD DEETS:Paper:  Key Ingredients, December (Taylored Expressions)
Wood Strip:  McMahon Five Designs
Die Cuts:  Labels 13 Spellbinders Nestabilities
Markers:  Copics

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Cute and that sentiment is fun! It is the perfect card when you just want to cheer up a friend! :)

Helen said...

This is a very fun card! I love that commerical, too! So funny!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment! I look forward to getting to know you better!

Lori said...

Love, love, love this card (and commercial)!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Aren't they cute? AND I spy....rosewood paper! :) Happy New Year!

HUGS
Sue

Rose Ann said...

I love those birds and how you've colored them, Kristine!! Such pretty papers too!! Sweet card!!

Peggy B said...

I love these birds and their long skinny legs!!! It gives the card so much character!!!