Saturday, December 04, 2010

A Christmas Prayer For You




We have a new challenge today at Double Delight with D2D!!  It's my turn to host and I came up with a 2-2-2 Recipe Challenge:
2- Cardstocks
2- Designer papers
2- Embellishments

Of course the "double" part of the challenge is to use this week's FREEBIE from Designed 2 Delight:  this beautiful Christmas Poinsettia that is free for everyone since it's the first week of the month!

I made a Free-Standing Pop Up Card that can be easily folded up for mailing.  I started with this Sisters in Christ Angel...  and then replaced the sentiment that came on her with "A Christmas Prayer for you"... and added some 3-layered white poinsettias with demensionals. 

In case you can't read it from my pictures, I've typed out the poem below:

"A Christmas Prayer for You"
I said a Christmas Prayer for you because the season's near.
I didn't ask for riches but for gifts so much more dear.
I asked for joyful gatherings with your family all around,
and for carols to inspire you with their old familiar sound.

I asked for quiet moments in your heart on Christmas morn,
For a special time to celebrate the Savior who was born.
I asked for friends to send their best that you might know they care;
I asked for peace and love and hope, and I know God heard my prayer.


And I pray this for all my dear blogging friends, including YOU this Christmas season! 

 Hope you'll come join Kathy and I at Double Delight Challenges--we'd love to see what you make with this beautiful poinsettia!


6 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Oh my goodness...this is awsome Kris! I love the 2 images together and you colored so nicely. Love the pop up style card too.

Lori said...

Kris, this has beauty all over it! Great interactive card, makes such a cute decoration.

Lorie said...

That is just beautiful! I love that Christmas Prayer!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous- love the Christmas Prayer!

dstandard said...

Love how you used the image! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

*Vicki* said...

Kris, this is just gorgeous girl!! I love your coloring and what beautiful Christmas prayer!!HUGS