Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Christmas Lantern and/or Gift Box

Hello!  Today starts a new challenge at Scrap-Creations Challenge Blog!  Kristen wants to see us get creative this week and make a Christmas gift or a gift holder.  I chose to make another Lantern/Gift Box, much like my LOC birdhouse box.  You can find a picture tutorial for these HERE.  I added a Flameless, battery-operated candle inside, but you can also use it to put small gifts in too =o)

I used the new Holiday Sheep digi set by Doodle Pantry.  They have challenge #3 going on right now too and all you have to do is use one of their images!  Everyone who enters will win a cute New Year's Birdie set FREE!  Also, one player will win a $20 GC to the store and 3 peeps will win Top 3 badge.  =)  My sister Kathy and I did a little "Sister challenge" for this which was to use this color combo:
  
My Lantern / Gift Box
(the box attached under the lid helps keep the lid in place)

I used liquid applique on the sheep to make 'em fluffy, and "faux snow".

Now be sure to check out the fabby creations by the rest of the Scrap-Creations DT:

Hope your Tuesday's Terrific!  Now go INK SOMETHING!  *Ü*

11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, Kris! This is wonderful!!!!

Laurie said...

WOW< that is FABULOUS!!!!! SO cute!!!! I LOVE that lantern!!! Thank you for joining us at DPDC3!

*Vicki* said...

And what a darling lantern this is girl!! That sheep is just too cute!! :) Beautiful design hun!!HUGS

Lorie said...

Completely gorgeous! Love that sheep!

Thea said...

Just LOVE the gift box. Thank you for sharing the tutorial link!

K. Joy said...

OH WOW, is that amazing and cute!!!!! :) I just love that lantern and the fuzzy sheep!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for playing at the CDBC!! :) (Oh, and be sure to post some pictures on the CDAC group, so everyone can see!! ;))

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, love the lamb!

Lori said...

Fantastic! I've bookmarked the tutorial, thanks for that. You are so great at making 3D items, Kris. I really like your and Kathy's color combo, have to try that one.

Claudine Poch said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Love your papers, project, and fuzzy sheep! Thanks for sharing with us at the Doodle Pantry.

Kathy Winter said...

Oh My Gawsh!! This is so adorable =) I love the lantern and thank you for the link sis. You are so creative *Ü*

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous! I love your lantern. Fabulous project. It looks perfect with the DP images and your wonderful choices of colors and DP. Thanks so much for joining us for the DPBC3.