Christmas Gift Set

Doodle Pantry Challenge #4:  Something NEW
(can be a new technqiue, new digi or crafting supplies, or a New Year's theme)


Merry Christmas Eve!!  Well, I have to admit this week kinda threw me for a loop, being sick and missing work, (and then working overtime to make up for it before my break) and missing most of my DT postings, and I even had some Christmas cards for friends filled out and ready to mail but didn't get to the post office (or even down my long driveway to put them in the box!)... *Note to self:  Start on Christmas MUCH EARLIER than the week or two before Christmas!!   But Christmas comes but once a year and I simply had to get some things done for it, like this gift set I made for my boss and his wife.  I posted a tutorial on how to "Digi Stamp on Candles" in my yesterday post.   


For this set, I used the cute singing birds and sentiment from the "Winter Song Birdies" digi set from Doodle Pantry.  Their 4th challenge is up!  It's a theme challenge:  Something NEW!  I actually tried a new technique, stamping on candles (This was my first one--I did the tutorial after I made this).  I'm so happy with the way this one turned out.  The colors are vibrant IRL... and I added white glitter to their hats and shawl trim.  This is a flameless, battery-operated candle that came in a set of 3 (varying sizes).  I bought mine at Bi-Mart here but you can also find them online HERE.


"A Christmas Prayer for You"

I said a Christmas Prayer for you because the season's near.
I didn't ask for riches but for gifts so much more dear.
I asked for joyful gatherings with your family all around,
and for carols to inspire you with their old familiar sound.

I asked for quiet moments in your heart on Christmas morn,
For a special time to celebrate the Savior who was born.
I asked for friends to send their best that you might know they care;
I asked for peace and love and hope, and I know God heard my prayer.

Merry Christmas!!  ♥