Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Gift Set

Doodle Pantry Challenge #4:  Something NEW
(can be a new technqiue, new digi or crafting supplies, or a New Year's theme)

Merry Christmas Eve!!  Well, I have to admit this week kinda threw me for a loop, being sick and missing work, (and then working overtime to make up for it before my break) and missing most of my DT postings, and I even had some Christmas cards for friends filled out and ready to mail but didn't get to the post office (or even down my long driveway to put them in the box!)... *Note to self:  Start on Christmas MUCH EARLIER than the week or two before Christmas!!   But Christmas comes but once a year and I simply had to get some things done for it, like this gift set I made for my boss and his wife.  I posted a tutorial on how to "Digi Stamp on Candles" in my yesterday post.   

For this set, I used the cute singing birds and sentiment from the "Winter Song Birdies" digi set from Doodle Pantry. 

Doodle Pantry's 4th challenge is up!  It's a theme challenge:  Something NEW!  I actually tried a new technique, stamping on candles (This was my first one--I did the tutorial after I made this).  I'm so happy with the way this one turned out.  The colors are vibrant IRL... and I added white glitter to their hats and shawl trim.  This is a flameless, battery-operated candle that came in a set of 3 (varying sizes).  I bought mine at Bi-Mart here but you can also find them online HERE.

Have you been to Doodle Pantry Digital Doodles lately?  I just discovered them last month and am so delighted by Laurie's cute digis.  If you are into digis, you MUST go check them out.  And guess what??  She's having a...
HUGE End of year SALE!!
50% OFF EVERYTHING*
(*EXCLUDES watermarks and gift certificates)

COUPON: MERRYTHANKS

HOW TO REDEEM:
Fill cart, view cart, scroll to bottom and enter coupon in field
CLICK SUBMIT and watch discount apply. Click Checkout to pay.

So to my bloggy friends who did not get a card from me in the mail... please accept this Christmas wish from me and my family to you and yours:

"A Christmas Prayer for You"

I said a Christmas Prayer for you because the season's near.
I didn't ask for riches but for gifts so much more dear.
I asked for joyful gatherings with your family all around,
and for carols to inspire you with their old familiar sound.

I asked for quiet moments in your heart on Christmas morn,
For a special time to celebrate the Savior who was born.
I asked for friends to send their best that you might know they care;
I asked for peace and love and hope, and I know God heard my prayer.

Merry Christmas!!  ♥
Vern, Kris, Carly & Maddy

11 comments:

Laurie said...

This is SO pretty! I just love the traditional and rich colors! I really like that candle too... I NEED to learn how to do that, how awesome! Thanks for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 4!

Lorie said...

WOW! An incredible gift set! I'm so going to head over to Doodle Pantry this afternoon!

Kathy Winter said...

This is such a cute set Kris.. a must try for me. Those battery operated candles are so cool and won't burn down, awsome. Love your coloring too.

scrapstampcrazy said...

Nice job. Those birds are very cute!

1LuvnMama said...

Mele Kalikimaka and a Hauoli Makahiki Hou to you and your family Kris! Thank you so much for your inspiration and your wonderful creations! :) Also, thanks for your constant support and warm wishes too! Hopefully, Baby will allow me some free time to visit more often and create something. Poor stamps, embellies, and copics have taken a backseat and seems to be collecting some dust . . . ha, ha!
Take care and see you in 2011!

maranda said...

is sooo tsweet tsweet beautifull!!
hugs maranda

elizabeth h. said...

My daughter and I are loving your card and coordinating candle - My daughter (a teen) loved the cheeks on the birds - great project

Dawn Frost said...

I love how you did the candle, wow totally incredible! I love everything about your card, the ribbon is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at DPDC4

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...what a darling gift set!! I totally love those cute birds too!!

Helen said...

These are absolutely adorable! I love those little birds! And, because of your inspiration...I'm already planning my mother-in-laws Christmas gifts that she gives her Awana leaders (she just doesn't know it yet! lol) Have a super blessed day!

Army Mommy said...

Kris I featured you as a guest artist on my blog. You are just soooooo talented. Beautiful work.
I linked everyone to two places on your blog. I am going to follow you!
BethAnn aka Armmy Mommy!