Wednesday, December 01, 2010

A Blessed Christmas


Hello and happy Wednesday! (again)  This is my 2nd post for today... scroll down for my Handsome Mr. Luka card from La-La Land Crafts. 

I made this card using the "Blessed Christmas" set from Doodle Pantry.  I love Christmas and all that goes along with the holiday, but have to say that I really enjoy creating with meaningful images that depict the true meaning of CHRISTmas... Jesus Christ. 

There is a blog hop going on right now and a challenge as well--to make a card or project where Christ is the center of your card.  You can find the deets HERE.  I actually had already started this card last night so when I read about the hop I knew I wanted to finish it up and get it posted.  Now on to start the HOP... wanna come with me??!  *Ü*


CARD DEETS:
Stamps:  Blessed Christmas (digis from Doodle Pantry)
Paper:  Cosmo Cricket ,Oh Jolly!
Accessories:  Prima flowers, Spellbinders oval scallop Nesties; Stickles (all from McMahon Five Designs); branch punch (Martha Stewart); organza ribbon (Key Ingredients, TE)

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Kris, this is just stunning!! The papers are so Vintage gorgeous and the flower arrangement is beautiful!! Stunning coloring on the image too!! Wonderful work!HUGS

Lori said...

Kris, he's beautiful! You've made a spectacular card and it's so meaningful.

Maria Matter said...

oh this is gorgeous Kristine, I'm so glad you're playing along with us!!! just amazing!!
Merry CHRISTmas!
hugs & blessings to you!

Kathy Winter said...

Wow!! this is gorgeous Kris. I love the flower arrangement and the rafia bow is great. You colored baby Jesus so nicely too =)
~hugs

Susan said...

Kristine, thanks for joining us for the Reason for the Season hop! OH WOW! Your card is stunning! The image & sentiment panel is so beautifully colored. The elegant flower bouquet, the natural raffia, the mix of patterns, and the touch of sparkle combine for a rich, nostalgic feel! Just gorgeous!

Stacy said...

OH My, I can't stop looking at this gorgeous card!!! The image is so beautiful and dp is stunning as is the wonderful flowers! Thank you so much for joining us in celebrating the birth of our Saviour!!!! I am so glad I was able to see this!
Hugs,
Stacy

Lorie said...

That is absolutely STUNNING Kris! My goodness!

Catherine said...

Wow! This is totally gorgeous! I love your coloring and the papers you used are delish! The flowers are just fab, too.
Thank you so much for joining us on the hop and linking your card. It is just bursting with joy and beauty!
Off to check out more Doodle Pantry images! I just love the Scripture you used!
(((HUGS)))

Sammi said...

This card really is gorgeous!! LOVE everything about it!!
Thanks so much for joining in "Jesus is the Reason" blog hop and helping put CHRIST back in CHRISTmas :D
Sammi
xx

Heather said...

This is such a stunning and heart warming card. The angelic face of the baby Jesus and your coloring really stand out. And oh my goodness at those fantastic papers and embellies!!!

Thank you so much for hopping with us in the Jesus is the Reason blog hop and joining in to spread the love of Christ to so many more

Merry Christmas

~Paola~ said...

wowww.....sooo lovely!!!!this card is absolutly AMAZING Kristine and definetly worthy of the 'REASON's winning!!
Congratulations!!!:o)