Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations

♫ ♪ I'm dreaming of a white Christmas ♫♪
Hi, I'm back with a very simple card for Going Grey with Scrap-Creations this week.  Kristen is challenging us all to use our favorite technique!  Well... I have so many favorites but the one I'm showcasing here is cutting out my image and pop dotting it to my card.  I usually pop it onto some pretty designer paper, but in this case I wanted to go white on white, which happens to be this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge as well, which is based on Philippians 4:8 " Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

I just recevied this awesome 5x7" cutting/embossing plate called Brocade Window from McMahon Five Designs and tried it out.  Love how elegant it looks with white.  This card is 5 1/4" x 7 1/4"... so it is quite a bit larger than the normal sized A2.  And the cute li'l girl in the middle is SANTA MARCI from La-La Land Crafts. Then I added a white ribbon poinsettia, some white branches and red rhinestones and wha-la! 

For the inside, I printed off the Legend of the Candy Cane.  This is such a wonderful short story of how the candy cane was invented.  It also forms the shape of a Christmas tree.

I'll type it out here as well in case you can't read that:

The Legend of the Candy Cane
The
Legend of
The Candy Cane.
A humble candy maker in
Indiana wanted to make a candy that
would be a special gift for the King of Kings,
so he made the Christmas Candy Cane. He
incorporated several symbols for the
birth, ministry, and death of Jesus Christ.
He began with a stick of pure white hard candy to
symbolize the Virgin Birth and sinless nature of Christ,
and hard because the church is built on solid rock, and firmness, for God’s
promises are a firm foundation. He formed it in the shape of the letter -J-
to represent the precious name of Jesus, who came to earth as our Savior.
It could also represent the staff of the Good Shepherd with which
He reaches down in to the ditches of the world to lift out the
fallen lambs who, like all sheep, have gone astray. Then he added
three small red stripes to represent the scourging Jesus suffered on His way
to the cross. One large red stripe would remind those with eyes to see and
ears to hear of the promise of eternal life. It would be a gift
of love that
would tell His story
-the greatest story ever told.

What is YOUR favorite technique??  Check out what my design sisters created and then come join in the fun!!  Our sponsor this week will get a ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION to Through he Craft Room Door!
 
Have a Terrific Tuesday!!

19 comments:

Lorie said...

It is a cute and elegant card all in one! Great job!

Cindy Haffner said...

What SWEETNESS!

Crystal said...

Kristine girl this is SWEEEET!! I LOVE all the white and that image is just toooooo cute and colored perfectly girl

Kathy Winter said...

Love this white on white card Kris...so elegant!! And the Legend of the Candy Cane is such a "SWEET" story =) TFS

Jana Weaver said...

beautiful card Kris...love the embossing, and the inside is so sweet!

Mary C said...

Kris this card is beautiful. I love the embossing with all the white. That image is adorable. I never read what you put for the inside but I love it. What a fantastic job you did on the challenge this week!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Thanks for typing the candy cane story, it's a great one!

*Vicki* said...

So stunning!! Gorgeous embossing Kris!! Love your fabulous coloring too!! HUGs

Sassylassy said...

Oh my goodness Kris this card is divine! I love the white on white. What kind of paper did you use? I've totally gotta card lift this idea. Seems you cleared out M5D of this awesome cool Brocade Window. I've gotta get my hands on one its gorgeous!
Love Bonnie

Shantaie said...

Girl your card is probably one of my favorites so far!.....well you have done several that were my favorites, only to outdo yourself the following week! LOL
I will keep my fingers crossed for you that Santa brings you a cricut! hugs~ Shantaie

Debbie Pamment said...

Totally STUNNING Kris - the white embossed frame sets Marci off beautifully! LOVE the inside too!
xXx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so stunning! White on white is so beautiful! I also love the legend of the Candy Cane! TY for sharing! I love the laughing giraffes card too!

Helen said...

Love it! I love the all white with the colored Marci. It's so striking!

Miesje said...

Very pretty card - love the frame around the image! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Becky said...

OH my word, this is stunning!! I just love this embossed folder and this adorable image. Thank you for joining us at stampin Sisters in Christ. :)

Basement Stamper said...

That window on here is gorgeous-such a stunning card.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - what an adorable card - all of your details are perfect - as always! Thanks for sharing the Candy Cane Story - it is the first time I have heard it - so thank you! You certainly nailed this challenge - your card is divine! Love it! It is great having you play along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Gerda said...

I love this card. It is so pur and the digi matches the embossed frame perfectly. keep up the great work, you are very talented!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is gorgeous! Love the stark white / teamed with the gorgeous red! The framed card is beautiful. Hugs xxaxx