Monday, November 01, 2010

Happy 12th Birthday Carly!!

I just wanted to take a minute to wish my baby girl a happy birthday!  She's 12 today... no longer "a" baby, but will always be "My Baby" Ü  Here's a picture of Carly on her first birthday.
We had big plans for this last weekend.  Since her dad was out hunting all week... I thought I would take my girls out of town for a "Girls Weekend" and stay in a hotel with a pool and dine at a nice restaurant ... maybe catch a movie, and can't forget the candy store!  LOL.  However, that got postponed... and I feel terrible about that.  I got an infection in a tooth (that I had chipped months ago) and it finally hit a nerve and I had to have it pulled on Friday.  Some things just can't be helped... but I promise to make it up to you sweetie!!  I remember on your first birthday I had written a letter to you and tucked it away ... and in that letter I wrote my hopes and dreams I had for you, and tried to express my love for you and happy we were to have you in our lives.  My hope now is that you will follow your own dreams, be genuinely happy and fulfilled, and grow in the Lord and know His will for your life.  I love you muchly (Lol... I know you're gonna make fun of me for saying "muchly") ...  Happy birthday Carly!!

Here's the card I made for Carly's birthday, using Cheerleader Marci... you might have seen this before as it's been several weeks since I made and posted it but some of you may not have seen it yet? 
On most of the Design Teams I've been on we usually have some sort of Birthday Blog Hop for the b-day girl... so I can't do any less for my own DD ☺
Please take a second to hop over to Carly's Blog to wish her a Happy Birthday!! ☺
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Carly!!!

snehal watwe welde said...

Awesome card ....Happy birthday Carly ...and I agree girls always stay your babies...I have two of them...so I know

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! What a cutie!! They do grow up sooo fast, don't they?!! Happy B-Day to her! :) I love love love that card!! Adorable image and brilliant coloring Kris!! HUGS

Jana Weaver said...

Happy Birthday Carly!!!

Kathy Winter said...

Very cute card Kris. I love the coloring on Marci and the layout is great. Those gems are so awsome and perfect for this card! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLY =) Luv ya!!

Basement Stamper said...

Love hip hop Marci, she's cute and hope your daughter has a fabulous 12th birthday!

Lorie said...

What a sweet photo Kris! And the card is adorable!

Carly said...

Haha mom "muchly"! :0

xxCARLYxx

Irina said...

Happy Birthday to Carly!!!

Lori said...

Awww, you are a super mom!

Sassylassy said...

Carly is so sweet what a little cutie patootie! Happy Birthday Carly!!! I hope your having a fab day today!!!

Helen said...

Happy birthday,Carly! I love the card, Kris! It's the one that made me buy that Marci!!! :)