Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GGWSC30 - Make it 3D

Vertie says, "It's your day ~ spoil yourself silly!"
Here's a view from the top:

Good morning!  Today's Tuesday which means another fun challenge at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!  This week Kristen wants us to make it 3d!  I decided to make a shadow box card.  This style is so very easy to do and adds an element of fun to any card. 

I used this cute digi from McMahon Five Designs (Studio 313) called Vertie's Bathtime, and I added clear stickles to all the bubbles.  I used Labels 1 Nesties to cute out the window in the front.  And for the curtains, I cut a 4.25 x 2" piece of DP (Olivia by Basic Grey) and then scored every 1/2" and accordian folded it.  Then punched (2) 1/8" holes halfway down on the outside edges of card and ran embroidery floss through the holes and tied the curtains on (first in knots then in bows).  Gave it a little scalloped border at the top and pop-dotted sentiment and wha-la!  =)  Easy peasy. 

Hope you'll come play along with us at Scrap-Creations this week!  Feel free to hop to my DT sisters and leave them some luv as well!!
 
Have a terrific Tuesday!!

11 comments:

Jacki Randolph said...

This is just adorable Kris!! Love the image, she is too cute, your window with the curtains is the perfect layout for her. Great 3D project!

Helen said...

This is so awesome! That flower is way cool and I love that image! I love your curtains, too! They are awesome!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Kristine, this is just the most clever idea! It's absolutely ADORABLE! Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! Love your blog header too! Super cute!

Danni said...

What a fun card!! Fabulous job!

Kathy Winter said...

What a great and creative card KRis.. I love this shadow box with the curtains. The dp is awsome and you colored Vertie very nicely.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun and beautiful Kristine!! I love your coloring and fab design!! Wow...look at the shadow box and all the pleats!! Your blog header rocks!!

Lorie said...

Another wow card, Kris! LOOOOOVE it!

Debbie Pamment said...

Toooo fabulous - and doesn't that bath look inviting!
xXx

Lori said...

So darn cute! Love the shower curtains, especially.

Shawne said...

This has got to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen! I love, love, love it!!! The curtains just turn it into such a sweet scene!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, this is so cute and I love the scene you created!!! Great job.