Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Marci Tissue Box Cover

Today's my turn to post on the La-La Land Blog and I have this fun project to share!  I saw this tissue box cover in the SCS Weekly Inkling and just had to try it.  There's no bottom to it, and the "lid" is glued on so these are real simple to lift up and switch out the tissues!  I think I'll make one for each season for my desk at the office =)  



For 2 of the sides I stamped Winter Marci and colored her in Fall colors to match the designer paper.  Isn't she just the sweetest??  LOVE her!   Definately one of my faves in this winter release from LaLa Land Crafts!  All paper, cardstock and embellishments used here is from the October Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions.  I used Labels 13 to cut the opening in the lid. 

Hope I've inspired you to INK SOMETHING!  =)  If you create with these adorable LLLC characters, please share them with us in our customer gallery!  I'll leave you with a fun announcement from Irina for those of you from the So. Cal area...
Join us at a Trunk Show at Scrapbook Island in San Jose, CA on Friday, November 5th!! Both Eric and I will be there to introduce our Marci and Luka stamps!!

Your $10 ticket entitles you to:
- an EXCLUSIVE preview of our newest stamps!!
- Meet both artists (Eric Berry and Irina) and have your stamps autographed!! ;-)
- Make-and-Take
- a Goodie Bag
- Refreshments
- a chance to win a Grand Prize valued $100!!

Don't miss out on this FUN party!! Stop by Scrapbook Island or call the store at 408-978-8900 to purchase your tickets!!

10 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWWW this is sooooo cute Kristine and FABULOUS!!! I LOVE this!

Jana Weaver said...

Kris...this is absolutely amazing!!! LOVE the fall colors, and your coloring of our sweet little Marci! Amazing!!!

Kathy Winter said...

Love this project sis!! I'm so gonna try this. I really love the way you colored your Marci's too, very pretty:)

Pam S. said...

gorgeous Kristine! love her designer coats!!!
Pam Going Postal

Danni said...

This is adorable! I might have to try one of these soon!

Cami said...

Oh my Kristine, this is a beautiful tissue box and I just love how you colored Marci! Your creativity just never ceases to amaze me! Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Cami

*Vicki* said...

Oh I SOOO love your tissue box cover!! This is darling!! The papers are beautiful!! So glad you tried one out!! :) HUGS

Debbie Pamment said...

Totally gorgeous - could use this atm with my Spring snuffles - LOL. Wish our tissue boxes were this shape - it's FAB!
xXx

Lori said...

This is sweet! Great idea to make one for each season, you are so creative.

Helen said...

Oh, Kris! I love this! You know when you look at something and just melt and say "ohhh" Yeah. That is how it was when I saw this one. Uber awesome!