Sunday, October 03, 2010

Double Delight Challenge #14

Happy Sunday!!  Or shall I say, "Happy Day after World Card Making Day!"  Yesterday I spent a large part of the day hanging out in the Designed 2 Delight forum at CDAC as well as on the Delightful Inspiration blog.  They had a challenge or a fun game going every hour and I got 2 cards made-- WOOHOO!  There were also lots of freebies and on the blog hop, the DT provided lots of fabulous cards and other projects and there were free inspiration instructional sheets to download! 

Speaking of FREEBIES... this is the first progressive challenge of the month which means EVERYONE gets this digi called "Two Apples" FREE in the shop!!  
Use Border Punches

I did something kinda crazy... I cropped the doggy off of this image, "Snow Dog"
Snow Dog
and put him with the Two Apples for a fun "TEACHER's PET" card!!
Front:  "Wanted to bring you an apple today...
~  ~  ~
Inside:  ... but my dog ate it!  (Hope this card will do ☺)
ROTFL!!!  I crack myself up sometimes!!! 
Kinda reminds me of my funny turtle card I made my DD's teacher last year.

And here's another card I made yesterday using ANOTHER FREEBIE called 
 (or at least it was free yesterday!)  This was for a "moonlighter's challenge" which was to use the colors:  Cream/Olive/Red/Brown as well as use a button and rounded corners.  Here's what I came up with:


I had so much fun coloring these apples with my Copics.  I used a variety of colors on them including Pale Yellow, Light Prawn, Prawn, Red, Yellow-Green, Pale Olive, Olive.  I also paper pieced the basket with CORK PAPER from McMahon Five Designs!!  I love her wood papers!  It's so think you can just run it through your printer onto the wood!  Here's a close up of the apples:


Ok, I hope you all grab your apples freebie and come enter our challenge at Double Delight CHallenges!  The more you enter, the more chances you have of winning a Gift Certificate at Designed 2 Delight shop!! 

10 comments:

dstandard said...

Your cards are gorgeous - awesome work with the images!

Lorie said...

Okay, I love them both!

*Vicki* said...

So adorable!! I love the school themes and the apples have got to my fav here!! :)

Kathy Winter said...

Love both of these cards...very cute. I think I need some lessons on coloring with copics, you do such a great job at it:)

Lori said...

You are hilarious!!! A very creative card, way to go, you rock! The second is a lovely fall card. {{I'm still giggling}}

scrapstampcrazy said...

beautiful cards

Debbie Pamment said...

Oooooh LOVE this - your pooch looks great separated from his snowman - LOL
xXx

Helen said...

Your first card cracks me up! I love it! Your second card is so pretty! Your coloring is awesome!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Ooo, your Apple Harvest card is SO delicious! You've cooked up a beauty!

~ Kendra ~ said...

I just LOVE your cards! Both are beautiful!!