Sunday, September 26, 2010

DD13 - Sponged or Distressed

Ok, don't laugh... but I think I totally missed the challenge!  {lol}  Oh YAY... I thought I did the wrong challenge, but Kathy corrected me so Whew!  Kathy picked the theme for our next DOUBLE DELIGHT CHALLENGE using this week's free image/s called "Peace & Comfort"-- it's actually a set of 4 images this week and includes sentiments too!  Thank you so much Faith!  (She had gotten a couple of requests for sympathy type images, and what a beautiful set she came up with!) 

So this week's challenge is to sponge or distress.  We'd love to have you join us so you can get next week's digi free and be entered into our monthly drawing!!  We'll be picking a winner next Friday.

I've been wanting to make one of these watercolor cards for so long and I had the perfect set of Nesties (Labels 6) ... so when I got these free images in my inbox I  decided to go for it!   *Ü*    I was totally inspired by Yvonne-annabelle's cards... she does amazing things with Nesties and watercolor paper.  If you don't subscribe to her blog you're really missing out! 

OTHER CHALLENGES: 
I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for my sketch, although I got in on it too late to be entered.  They also have a bonus challenge of making a card OWH and mailing it to them for the troops.  Wich reminds me... my challenge blog DOUBLE DELIGHT is extending our OWH challenge thru the end of the month.  I also am entering this in Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge which is to "Use a Christian symbol of peace somewhere on your card/project, or create a card/project that shows or shares peace."

I love how elegant watercolor paper looks as a base for cards.  I printed my images on watercolor paper and let it dry a while.  Then after cutting it out with Labels 6 Nestie, I left it in the die, masked the image and sponged on olive classic ink.  That left me with a nice white border.  To color the flowers, I used Copic markers and then blended with the colorless blender.  I added sparkly clear gellyroll pen to the middle of each flower.  Images are popped up onto olive cardstock and paper pierced around them.  (I just eyed it)  Corner pieces are the Fancy Corners by Cuttlebug.   



Before I go I wanted to be sure to let you know about some really FUN things happening at Designed 2 Delight... in their CDAC forum... for World Card Making Day on October 2nd!!  This is straight from the D2D blog:
The D2D Design Team has been busy brainstorming ideas for a CDAC party on World Card Making Day.  It is going to be SO much fun!!
Here is a link to our Designed2Delight Crafter's Digital Art Center Group.
There are two challenges that were posted this morning. Find the details in our forum.
One winner will receive the entire set of new releases that will come out October 2nd.

You can R.S.V.P here.

There will be contests going on all day--random winners, wish-list winners, challenge winners, EXCLUSIVE CDAC member discount to my digi store   ...and MORE!

Now doesn't that sound like FUN??  I'm definately gonna be there.  I want a chance at some FREEBIES!!  =) 

 Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend *Ü*

14 comments:

Lorie said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I was blown away with the fact that we got an entire set of images for our freebie! I will be working with this soon too! :o) Have a good weekend Kris!

Helen said...

YOU are amazing! This card is absolutely gorgeous!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Kristine, this is stunning! I caught a glimpse of it in my Blogger dashboard and just had to pop in and let you know much I love it ;D

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Very pretty, Kristine!

Kathy Winter said...

Awsome Kris. This is so beautiful. Love the labels 6 and the corner pieces are the perfect touch.

Sherrie Conner said...

GORGEOUS!!! Kristine this is so pretty!! I love every detail!! :)

Lori said...

This has a comforting feel to it, and it is so gorgeous. The sponging you did is very nice, so even, I've been wanting to try that nestie technique, thanks for the inspiration.

Danni said...

Wow!This is so pretty!!

Debbie Pamment said...

This is GORGEOUS Kris - but then your work always IS! Am almost over my jet lag so hope to be stopping by more often - until then - ciao for now
xXx

Sue from Oregon said...

pure gorgeousness Kristine!

Sassylassy said...

Oh WOW Amazing card! Such intricate details it's so beautiful. I just love the white on white!
Hugs Bonni

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the water coloring. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ

Grace said...

Oh Kris... I'm so glad you got to play with us this week! This is gorgeous!!!! Love the layout and great images! Love the piercing and clean white space! THanks so much for playing along!!! Good to see you! Miss ya!
Hugs,
Grace

Annie said...

This has got to be the most beautiful card I have ever saw... totally fantastic! Your details and coloring are amazing. LOVE it!