Monday, August 16, 2010

SSIC B-day Celebration & LOC News


Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (NASB)

[open view of Jesus piece]

Although I've stepped down from Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge Blog a few months ago, I was asked if I'd like to come back and participate in their FIRST BIRTHDAY celebration with a "Favorite Scripture" Hop and I'm so delighted to join in this celebration!

Our Birthday Blog Hop starts at the Stampin' Sisters In Christ blog! You'll want to start there and follow along.
There are many blessings along the way and chances to win prizes, including a
$50 Gift Certificate to one of our sponsors--your choice!!
And lots of other prizes being given away on the DT's blogs as well, so we hope you'll join us! All of the blog links will also be there in case there's a break along the way.

There are so many "favorite verses" that I can't pick just one! And a few of my top favorites I don't have stamps or digis for to share on my card. However, this one was sent to me from a blogger friend, Heidi S. and I decided to use it because I tend to share this one alot with people who are in need of comfort. Just because you're a Christian doesn't mean we will automatically escape the bad things that happen in this world. We don't know why babies die or why cars wreck or planes crash or why families break up... or why good people get cancer or other illnesses and suddenly die. But this vese reminds us that if we love God, than no matter WHAT happens in our lives, He works ALL things together for good according to His purpose. Does that mean He causes bad things to happen? No. But God is able to even make the sufferings work together for our good and glory! There's so much more I could write (and has been written!) on this subject, but I was told to keep it short, so I'll leave you with this...

When fear and worry test your faith
And anxious thoughts assail,
Remember God is in control
And He will never fail.
—Sper

FOR MY CARD:
I used the "Jesus" stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs and made the front flap open to reveal the verse. The card base opens too, from the bottom up.

LOC NEWS:
I posted THIS CARD on Friday for Layers of Color's Faith Art Friday and it was my last as I've decided to step down from the team. I love LOC and Laura and everything her company stands for, and I've made some wonderful Christian friends there as well--so this isn't really "Goodbye" but rather see you around (I know where to find ya ;P) It's been such a blessing to me and I'm so thankful that Laura gave me the opportunity to work with LOC stamps and be a part of the "family" there!! Laura wanted to make a special post for me today so if you'd like, please feel free to check that out on the LOC Blog. You girls are the best and I will miss each and every one of you!

Now back to SSIC's birthday blog hop...

Your next stop on the hop is my "real life" sister,


Please remember to leave comments along the way as there are PRIZES to be won!! =)

59 comments:

Randi said...

Hi Kristine, what a wonderful card and verse. It is one of my all time favorites. Have a great day!!

Heather said...

What a gorgeous card, love it.

Laura - Layers of Color said...

O, Happy Birthday SSCC!!

I love your cards, every one of them, Kristine! We'll miss your talents and inspiration at Layers of Color! You are a delightful team member and we've all gained a wonderful friend in you!

God bless and many hugs from us all at Layers of Color, (a huge squeeze from me)!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - is is great to have you with us on this Birthday Celebration - mixed feelings for me as I have loved working with you on both Stampin Sisters in Christ and Layers of Color!! God bless you Kris - I have expressed my prayers for you on my post for your Farewell from Layers of Color. Love this card - we have used the same verse! God bless you sister! I {{{heart}}} you!

Grace said...

Hi Kris! So glad to have you join us on this hop! I love the verse you used and how you made the focal point image a little "book" to open the verse. Very clever! I'm sad to see you leave us on LOC.... we will miss you very much but my thoughts on that are on a separate post on my blog! Thanks for joining us today here... it's a great card and wonderful words you share today!

Nicki-twinklebug said...

Wow Kristine!!I love the colors,the image,and your coloring!Awesome!
Nicki

Olga said...

This is absolutely breath taking! Your coloring is fantastic and I love the image!

Wilfreda said...

Very pretty card.

peggysue said...

That is a fabulous verse, one of my favorites as well! Haven't been to your blog in a while, how does a season of supposed relaxation--summer--get so busy? So glad to have this chance on the hop to stop by and see your wonderful work once again!

Sassy Scrapin' said...

Kris,
What a great card and a true testimony to God's faithfulness!

Ceal said...

Beautiful card Kris! I know what you mean about so many favorite verses. You chose the God wanted you to share with others, Thanks for sharing

Jessica L said...

What a lovely card! That's one of my favorite verses too.

Kathy Winter said...

Love your card Kris. It's perfect for this occasion. The book style is awsome!!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and the verse is a great one

Helen said...

Beautiful card and that scripture is so comforting. Sometimes we think that things are failing and really, they are just falling into place so God's will can be done in our lives. Thanks for sharing this with us today!

Kary said...

You've chosen a very meaningful verse. It's so true that we ought to look to God cos we may not always understand the "whys" when bad things happen. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Becky said...

This seems to be a favorite verse among many, one of mine also. beautiful card, love the design of it.

Cindy Coutts said...

Beautiful card Kristine and I love how it opens up.

MariLynn said...

Kris, this is one of my favorite verses too. I love how you have the card open to reveal it. I am going to miss you at LOC. Happy Birthday Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Kristine said...

Thank you for your testemony! I love that verse too. So much comfort to find within it...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Kristine!i love the colors,the papers match perfectly,and your coloring is awesome!
Good job!
Chris

Laurie said...

Kris, Lovely card & wonderful words of encouragement. (Thanks for the watermark again!!) Hugs, Laurie

Miesje said...

Oh this was wonderful! I love the card and your wonderful words!

Jill said...

Stunning card, Kristine! Colorful and clever. And such a comforting verse--one of my favorites too!

Mary said...

What an awesome card...I love how the picture opens up! Mary

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Kristine...and I love how you've designed the label to open! Wonderful scripture!

Dani said...

I do love your verse and you card is just wonderful!

Lori said...

I like how the Jesus opens to show the verse!

Kelly Massman said...

Great scripture and fantastic card!

Margaret said...

Love the way you have have used the picture as a front for the verse :o)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Thanks for a wonderful message and such a beautiful card! The 'Jesus' set is one of my ODBD faves and you chose a wonderful scripture to go with it! I love the swing panel design of your card! Thanks for coming back for the celebration! God Bless!!!!

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

that is a beautiful card and i love romans 8:28. in all things that we (in my family) have gone through in the past few years, we know that they are all tied together in some way to bring glory to God.

perezmom said...

A beautiful card - and such comfort in that verse. I am new to SSIC and what a blessing this is!
-Kristin

Crystal said...

Kristine ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! LOVE this girl!

MaxineD said...

A beautiful card, Kris, I love that verse.I was also inspired by your LOC work and farewell.

Stephanie said...

What a pretty card...I love the colors. I also love the way the front opens up. LOC will greatly miss you.

Mickie said...

What a lovely card and thanks for your inspiration.

Lagene said...

Beautiful card! I love the hinged image that reveals the scripture!

msfreida said...

What an eye-catcher...heart too! :) GORGEOUS card and a powerful message!

Clare said...

Kris, I love the colors you used, and it's not the traditional card layout, which I like. Good job! Romans 8:28 is a favorite of mine, and I have to believe it! PTL!

Natalie said...

Beautiful card, Kris! Missed seeing you and pray that all is well. Wonderful scripture and it's so true, how can you choose one! Goodness gracious, I don't think I could!

Catherine Kraft said...

What a wonderful card and so beautifully done. I've just found this group and all the ladies here seem so special from the encouragement I see you give to one another. I loved the quote you used, to remember in ALL things God is in control and HE NEVER FAILS.

Wendy M said...

Love your project and how it opens up to reveal this wonderful text... that you for sharing and for the lovely poem and thoughts xx

Magi said...

Kris, I love the colors in this card, as well as the way the front opens to the verse. But when looking at Jesus' beautiful face, His eyes draw you in - Wow! God Bless . . . Hugs, Magi

Carol<>< said...

Kris, such a lovely card, yes, God id good,
Carol<><

Fran, said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card. The verse is one to always remember, Romans 8:28.
Love your design and picture you chosen of our Saviour.
Cheers

Sandee said...

Kristine this is just so beautiful! I love how you framed the image of Jesus!

Chrissy D said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SSIC!!! Thanks for creating a wonderful Christian challenge blog! WONDERFUL card and beautiful SCRIPTURE!

Janaria said...

Romans 8:28-30 (and beyond) is one of my favorite portions of Scripture! Thanks for your beautiful card and for helping out on the first anniversary/birthday celebration!

Patti J said...

I've never seen one of your cards that didn't touch my heart in some way. This one is no exception. Thank you Kris, for sharing your talents with us. Your card is gorgeous. Hugs!

Tami said...

Happy Birthday- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this verse!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely stunning card! what a perfect verse, one that rings so true - wonderful! TFS!

Jerusha said...

This is a wonderful verse. Such a nice card, love the warm and rich colours you have used. I am sorry to hear you are leaving the LOC team because I know your cards for them are amazing! But, as you said goodbye is not forever when you are sisters in Christ!

Traci S. said...

Hi Kris~

So glad you participated in this blog hop, so I could see this beautiful card you made! I love how it opens up!

This verse is so amazing! It has helped me through the very roughest of times. It is also a verse that is often cut short...which leaves out a lot of the meaning. Thank you for sharing it entirely.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Jennie said...

Beautiful Scripture verse and card Kristine! It is a true comfort to those who put their faith in Him knowing difficult times do come....

Vicki said...

Kristine what a beautiful card...I love how the piece opens up to see the verse you used. And the colors you used are so soothing...combined with the verse...one awesome card. Thanks so much!

HUGS!
Vicki

Monaliza Sena said...

Amei o premio e como foi o caminho,lindas palavras as suas,beijos
http://ateliemonart.blogspot.com/

Deedee Anderson said...

What a gorgeous card, Kristine! I really like the symbolism of your verse being behind Jesus's picture -- the truth behind the man! Thank you for the lovely verse and the reminder of God's enduring love! :-)

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Kris!!! I like how you designed the front...love this ODBD too!!! Happy 1st birthday!!! Hugs ~S~