Friday, August 13, 2010

LOC - Faith Art Friday

Happy Friday!! It's going to be a great day today I already know it! ;P My sister and mom are coming over to stamp with me! I can't remember the last time we all got to craft together--prolly a couple years! My niece is coming over too for the weekend. *Ü*

Today I have the honor of hosting Layers of Color's "Faith Art Friday" on their blog. I must say that I've been feeling a loss of mojo lately, and I spent way more time than "normal" on this card. In fact, the first one I worked on 2 hrs. and I ended up not taping anything down on it. This is a completely separate attempt and I like how it came out.

I used Flowering Gems clear art stamp set from Layers of Color in which I paper pieced. This stamped sentiment/verse was sent to me from a friend. It looks like it could be from ODBD. The paper is Capella, by Basic Grey. I have a little devotional about this verse over at Layers of Color if you care to pop over and read. Have a wonderful day! *Ü*

Lamentations 3:22-24
"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in Him."

7 comments:

Helen said...

You are the most awesome paper piecer EVER! This card is so beautiful! I'm excited for you, that you're having stamping company today!!! It's always so much fun to stamp with others who also love stamping! Have a wonderful day!

Lori said...

Beautiful, Kris! All of that fabulous, fussy cutting, you rock. Sounds like you are having a wonderful day, makes me miss my mom, but makes me smile that you and Kathy are enjoying yours. **smiling big here**

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Oh, Kristine, this is one of my all time favorite cards of yours!! It's so marvelous...the colors, design, workmanship and beauty!! Totally GORGEOUS!!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

OMGosh, Kritine, this is BEATHTAKING to say the least!!!! Such wonderful paper choice and the details surrounding this wonderful scripture (yes, it is ODBD ;D from the Scripture Collection 1 set). I am amazed that it took you only 2 hours to make this masterpiece.....absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - it has taken me ages to get here but I am so glad I did! I have come from the LOC Blog and ready your inspiration that you shared with this card - both are beautiful Kris - touching the heart! I love this card and have left you a comment here! This is divine Kris - one of your heautiful Works of the Heart!' Thank you for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Kathy Winter said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous Kris. I love the colors and the verse is great:)

Rose Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Kristine!! Love everything about it!!