Thursday, August 19, 2010

Harvest Blessings and a R.A.K.

I love Fall... my favorite time year (it prolly would be Spring if it weren't for my allergies!) but anyway, I was in the mood to create a harvest card. This SUNFLOWER is a digi from McMahon 5 Designs. I made it a red sunflower because we planted a bunch of red ones this year and I used my daughter's picture of one of ours for my coloring of this. BTW... I photographed this in the evening and it's hard to tell but all the layers of carstock that look black are actually brown (choc. chip).

I combined several Spellbinder's dies for layers, and stiched around the DP with sparkly gold thread. The lattice is a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is by Verve. The pearls on the sentiment piece are also from M5D. Speaking of which... have you seen Sue's wooden luminaria?!! She made THIS for her hubby's office and I'm just in awe! What a fabby design... I soo want to try one now! That lady is just so inventive and creative. If you haven't signed up for the McMahon 5 Newsletter, you should! Lots of inspiration and even discount codes for the store! *Ü

R.A.K.
And now I wanna share a super cute card I received from Lisa of The Craft's Meow. She knows I adore Magnolias... especially Tildas and she colored this cutie for moi? Thank you so much Lisa! I Love It... and will treasure it. Thanks again for all the c.s./ink pads/reinkers you sent also!! I'm so grateful!
Have a wonderful Thursday!
(wow, is it really Thursday already??! This week is flying by!)

7 comments:

Lori said...

I think black works just fine. Weird how things photograph sometimes. Your coloring is divine, and all of the die cuts and punches look great together. What a nice RAK, from Lisa.

Christine said...

Beautiful! I love all the details--they really make the card special!!!

xx

Helen said...

I love your card! The colors make me long for fall! Your coloring of the sunflowers are amazing! What a wonderful card from Lisa! It's such a blessing when someone lets us know they are thinking of us!

Rose Ann said...

Your harvest card is so pretty, and I love how you've colored those sunflowers!! Such a sweet RAK too!!

Kathy Winter said...

Love Love Love it Kris. So elegant and beautiful.

Love your new blog look too!! So pretty *Ü*

Lisa Hjulberg said...

You are cracking me up!!! Time for a new blog look, eh? LOL!!!! As always, it's wonderful. Great picture of Vern and the girls. :)

I love your fall sunflower card. It's getting me in the mood for my favorite season!

Hugs,
Lisa

Vee said...

Fabulous card, and a lovely design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee