Monday, August 23, 2010

Elegant Poinsettia Flourish

Hello and happy Monday! Before I get to my card, I wanted to say that we, at McMahon 5 Designs are saying goodbye to the very talented Lorelie as she steps away to work on a new venture of her own... we'll sure miss you and your fabulous M5D creations Lorelie!!

So... here's a Christmas card I made the other day using this gorgeous Poinsettia Flourish digi by McMahon 5 Designs. I used an exacto knife to cut 2 sides of some of the petals so they could pop up and show the black underneath. Gives it more dimension. I also used Labels 13 for the Black layer, and I paper pierced holes all around and then took a needle and some sparkly gold thread and hand-sewed around the Nestie. I machine stitched each panel with the same gold thread. I watercolored the image and added some champaign pearls to the flower center.

McMahon Five Designs has some awesome Christmas and Harvest Digis for as low as $1.50... and some for FREE! The price is so right, and there's lots of styles to choose from: vintage, cutesy, classical, elegant... you're sure to find something! In fact, I'm in the mood for more Christmas cards and most of them will be made with M5D images this year. Be sure to sign up for their newsletter--it's packed with inspiration and special discount codes!

Thanks for dropping by! Have a great Monday *Ü*

7 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Very beautiful Kris. I love the layout and the nesties are awsome. Gonna have to get myself some of those. All in all a great Christmas card.

Lori said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card. You have added so much detail, but not overwhelmed.

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

This is gorgeous Kristine. I just love the way you popped the poinsettia and that green bow is a beauty too. :)

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Just Beautiful, Kristine! The colors are stunning and all the details are fabulous! Well done, again!

Crystal said...

SOOOOOOO Beautiful Kristine!!! WOW!!

Helen said...

Gorgeous! I love the way the poinsettia pops! Everything about this card is awesome, though!

Rose Ann said...

Your poinsettia is gorgeous, and I love all of your wonderful stitching! Such a beautiful Christmas card, Kristine!!