Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Avast! Pirate Luka Here

Ahoy! (Hello) This is my 2nd post for today, so if you're looking for the LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenge please CLICK HERE.

I just couldn't wait to show you my Pirate Luka card! Isn't he cute?! He's a new character and goes with Marci, both drawn by Irina herself! He is also part of the Halloween collection coming out in rubber on September 15th. However, you can buy him right now as a DIGI in the shop for ONE WEEK ONLY! Then he'll be gone until Sept. 15th when he returns with some adorable halloween Marci's!!

For my card I paper pieced his knapsack with some red hankerchief (paper), the bottle cap letters spell "Arrg" and I made a sailor's knot with the green twine *Ü* I'm pretty happy with how this came out. Oh, and the image colored with Copics. Thanks for popping by today!

9 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

CAAAA-UTE!!!!! I can't wait to play with him!!!

Love your card design, Kris! Those bottle cap letters are cool!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Wow, Kristine! Wow, wow, WOW! This is superb! Love the layout and the color is perfection! Luka is looking good ;D

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Kristine, he is totally cute! I love the paper piecing and your coloring is fabulous! I haven't colored this little guy yet, now I can't wait! ;)

Jana Weaver said...

fabulous card Kristine...such a great job with our new little cutie!!!

Kathy Winter said...

This is the cutest Kris. I love this li'l guy. Can't wait to see the rest of the line:)

Elena said...

Gorgeous card, Kristine! Your coloring is so pretty here! Love the distressing and sailor knot embellishment!

Maureen said...

Wow - this is totally awesome! Love the papers and the bottlecaps and your coloring is just fabulous!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Ay matey...you've done a fine job gatherin' together all ye pirate goods for yer card! Argh! I'd say it's a real treasure!!

Helen said...

Seriously...I think this is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! Luka's adorable and your card is just too cute!