Sunday, August 22, 2010

Arrrgh! Pirate Luka Easel Card

Here's another cutie from LaLa Land Crafts name Pirate Luka. My sister Kathy and I are doing a fun "sister challenge" today which is just to use this Luka digi and see how different our cards come out. Fun, fun! *Ü* (You can get him as a digi for just a couple more days before he's gone! He'll be returning on September 15th in rubber! )

I decided to make mine an easel card. I'm also entering this in Scrap Creations Basic Grey challenge which is FAIRY TALES. I actually googled it to see if pirates were a fairytale and yes, they actually are! LOL. (well, we have heard of modern-day pirates in the news lately and they are very real as well... but we won't "go there")
Here's a close up. I colored him with Copics, and added sparkly gellyroll pen to his buttons. You can see a larger version by clicking on him.
Thanks for dropping by!! =) And remember... there's a NEW POST EVERY DAY over at LaLa Land Crafts, so pop on over and see what gorgeous things were made by Jan and Pam today!!

About my card:
Helm and sentiment digis are by Nikki at Limited Runs (Freebie every Friday!)
Floor Boards: I made faux wood using this technique
Paper: Basic Grey "Max n' Whiskers"
Pirate Stamp: LaLa Land Crafts

16 comments:

Seleise said...

this is the cutest easel card I've seen yet. Adorable!!!

Helen said...

Have mercy! This is too, too cute! I seriously have never seen anything so adorable! I love it! And I love the new blog look! Very pretty!

Kathy Winter said...

So cute Kris. I love the deck looks. Like a ships deck...so neat.

Christine said...

Your card is adorable and wonderful design! The flat part of the easel looks like the ships floor and the easel looks like the sky!!! Perfect!

xx

Kim Y. said...

Love your easel card, Kristine! Very creative!
Love your blog make over!

1LuvnMama said...

Such an adorable card Kristine! You are just rockin' and a rollin' on the Marci cards! I better get my butt in gear and start pumping out the cards too!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is toooo cute Kris! Have been MIA with a sore arm but have had a WONDERFUL time catching up on all of your gorgeous eye candy!!!
xXx

Lori said...

This is an amazing card, Kris!!! Your coloring and cutting alone, take the cake. You have come up with a fun, fun card showcasing this little guy.

Kristen said...

Love thisa card!!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your Luka card is so cute! The love the easel card layout and your wood floor, too cute! Can't wait for more!

Nikki said...

Very Cute Card it's beautifully done I love how the it pops up and thanks for using my digi
but the hat isn't mine just the wheel but it's adorable :)
hugs Nikki

Nikki said...

Humm And I'm not reading correct at all lol
so thanks for the correction hugs Nikki
.. Yep Helm and sentiment all me lol

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous coloring-love the easel card. Great job with the La Land images!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

You rock 3D like no one else!!!

Helen said...

Today is "blog-stalking" day, finally! I know I already commented on this card, but I'm so in love with it that I wanted to comment again! It's just too cute for word!!! I love it!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...this is soooo cute, Kristine!!