Sunday, July 11, 2010

Meet Sprout, the Birthday Princess

Meet Sprout, the Birthday Princess... an adorable li'l poodle that's ready to P-A-R-T-A-Y! =) She's new in the store at Michelle Perkett Studio and I love her for a couple of reasons... 1) she's so adorable! and 2) she sparks a very fun memory! But before I tell that story I'll show ya the rest of my card and tell you about it *Ü*
The challenge this week at MPS is "WHITE ON WHITE with a COLORED IMAGE" -- and the challenge at KLSNS & at The Shabby Tea Room is EMBOSSING! I dry embossed the card base with the swirls folder. I also used my liquid applique glue and heat embossed the poodle and cupcake frosting. Okay, so maybe I should've used cream cardstock instead of white cause now the frosting and "fur" looks yellowed, LOL! Is that cause my applique is old? Could be! =)

I also made one of those DOUBLE SIDE STEP cards from Dawn's video tutorial.

Which reminds me... My challenge this week at LaLa Land Crafts is to make a STAIR STEP or SIDE STEP card, but you also need to use a stamp or digi from LaLa Land Crafts, so I hope you'll come on over and join us!!

OKAY... for those who wanna hear a li'l story about the POODLEs...

I was in college and 3 friends and I drove from Kansas down to Houston, TX for Spring Break. We stayed with my friend's aunt and uncle... an older couple who didn't have people children, but they DID have 2 Poodle children who they dressed up and treated like part of the family... quite literally! I don't remember exactly what the ocassion was, but while we were there, we threw these 2 poodles a party in the backyard! Streamers, balloons and all! It was quite fun and a bit ridiculous. They even had the girl dog in a diaper cause she was in heat, LOL. ANYWHO... we took these poodles and drove to Galveston... this guy had a really nice red Mustang convertable that we drove right out on the beach. We also went to our first Hard Rock Cafe which was fun!
And oh my goodness... had a really skeery experience as we droke in the middle of the night through Oklahoma with no gas station that was open when we needed it! A guy with his huge dog was circling us in his truck and hollering... and there we were broken down and helpless... out of oil and overheated! After some prayers the car started and we were able to get to a convenient store a few miles down the road where a policeman was. College life was so full of adventure and fun times. OKAY... maybe you "HAD TO BE THERE"... but to me, they were good memories =)

15 comments:

Diane said...

Lovely card,that lil' pooch is too cute!!1
I would of been scared...good old days huh!!!

Christine said...

What a fun and scary story! Love your card! My sis has a cute little poodle like this and her fur isn't white but a bit cream colored so your card is right on!

xx

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Kris - this is just divine - I love this image from Michelle and you have showcased it so beautifully! Love the puffy technique - your card is divine!! You always add so much detail Kris - thanks for sharing - love it! {{{HUGS}}}

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh....that is waaaaaay cute, Kristine!! I just love this card style, and how fuzzy your poodle looks!! Totally adorable!!

peggysue said...

A side step stair card, okay, a first for me, I have never seen one! And I know what you mean, I have made two whtie on white cards in the past few weeks and the different whites can look creamy or yellowish, but not always white! This is quite a creation, just lovely as always!

PapierGirl said...

What a darling card - Sprout reminds me of my little Bichon Frise' "Baby"! :) I love all the texture and the white on white looks white from my end! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Kathy Winter said...

LOVE IT!! It's so pretty with all the white and then a bit of color in the image. Great job sis *Ü*

Audrey Pettit said...

What an adorable puppy image. Love your puffy applique on him and adore the card base here. This is just so fun and so creative, too. Lovely embossing. thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Helen said...

College was fun, wasn't it? This card is amazing! I love the double side step and all the white! I don't think your fur and frosting look yellow! They look awesome! Eventually, I'm going to make a card like this one, too! :)

Lori said...

What a memory that poodle triggered! We were all pretty invincible during college, weren't we? Your card is super cute.

Risa said...

Oh Kristine, your card is adorable and Sprout is too too cute! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Jacilynn said...

Kristine, this is adorable. Love the puff. super cute. HOpe you are well.
Thanks for joining us at KLSNS.
;) Jacilynn

Debbie Pamment said...

This is totally gorgeous!!! LOVE the way this sits!
xXx

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Oh, tickle me pink! How clever you are, Kristine! This style is your forte, wonderful and adorable! Fabulous!!

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness ... this is precious! I have a chocolate toy poodle, so this one really speaks to me! So much loveliness on your design! Great job!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)