Sunday, July 18, 2010

Maddy's Teapot {Digi} & a CTC

Hello and happy Sunday!

I have a mixture of stuff to share today. First of all, I wanna wish my blogging friend Debbie Pamment a very Happy Birthday today!! She posted THE CUTEST project today and is offering up blog candy as well, so head on over to Debbie P's Place *Ü*

And secondly... my 10 year old, Maddy drew this teapot & cup picture that I used for my card today!! That's right! My girls (10 and 11) helped me lead music worship at church and then they stayed in the service since the leader sprained his ankle last night and was unable to come today. During the sermon I noticed my DD drawing this picture and I leaned over and said, "I could scan that into the computer and we can make a digi out of it!" and you should have seen her face!! She was on cloud 9! LOL. Funny. I thought it was really good! Although, my skills at turning a picture into a digi are zilch, zero, none! I have no clue. But I printed it out and colored with Copics.
I thought it would be fun to offer her drawing for free to everyone so Maddy posted it on her blog HERE and we added the InLinkz code so she can see what others make with it! It's great to encourage kids' artistic skills, so if you like her drawing, please consider posting a card to her blog! *Ü*

The challenge at Stamp Something is to use a Digital image.

The challenge at KLSNS is to use Ribbon.

The colors I used for my card are from this week's Color Throwdown #101. And last but not least... here is a picture of my girls in the 4-H rockin' Hoedown club. They performed at the Saturday Market yesterday and I took a couple pics as they were setting up before my batteries died! They'll be performing a couple days this week at our county fair as well. My girls are the 2 girls on the ends (in PINK). Carly plays the penny whistle and Maddy plays her green guitar. Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week!! *Ü*

15 comments:

Lorie said...

Such a cute card! I'm off to comment on Maddy's card!

Kathy Winter said...

Oh my. This is awsome!! I think you might have a future artist in the house. That's amazing. I'm definately gonna get this.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh SWEET!!

Helen said...

Awesome! That teapot & cup are beautiful and I love your card! Thanks for sharing Maddy's artwork with us! I can't wait to make a card with it!

peggysue said...

That is the cutest teapot and cup! Tell her I really like the daisy! I am going to see if I can get my ornery printer to cooperate tomorrow to make it print out this adorable image.

Emily Painter-Davis said...

How cute. But do we make it with the watermark? Let me know. You know where to find me.
What talent ya'll have.
Love it

Emily Painter-Davis said...

OK, I got it. I'm slow... what can I say!

Lori said...

Oh, this is adorable,wow! I will make time to visit her blog and make a card for sure! 'Mom', you did a fabulous coloring and card! I think maybe you should put it in the "Digital Image Sharing" group at CDAC.

Crystal said...

Super cute Kristine, what a GREAT image!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Firstly - thanx sooo much for your birthday wishes - sorry I wasn't around earlier but I took some time off of the computer - LOL.
And WOW - look how clever your girl is! I can see a HUGE future in digis for Maddy - LOL. Or maybe that's a future in music!!!! WoW you must be one proud mom!
xXx

Grace said...

Hi Kris! I have been gone 10 days and feel like it's been a month!!!! Wow! Your dd has certainly inherited your talent! This image is amazing and how wonderful to see the girls sharing their musical talents as well!!!! God is good and they are letting their lights shine, just like their Mom! So good to be back and hope I'll get caught up soon!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Andrea said...

What a great card!! Thanks for joining the Stamp Something Challenge this week! Hugs~ Andrea

Annika said...

Wonderful card! Fabulous colouring and layout and I love the colours. Thanks for playing at Stamp Something, hope to see you back next week!
Hugs
Annika

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - I nam slow to gte here but it is oh so worth the trip! Your dd is amazing - this is divine - I love this image and the colours you have used! That daisy is divine! Love the photo too - what a blessing your girls are Kris! God bless you all! {{{hugs}}}

Laura - Layers of Color said...

I love the colors, so yummie! Beautiful card, Kris! Thanks for sharing your summer joys, what fun that the girls performed at the Saturday Market. Fun summer!!