Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LLWWC49 - Shaker Cards

Welcome back to another LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenge. This week's hostess is sweet Maureen who is challenging us to make Shaker Cards and we'd love to have you come play along!! There's a great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers by Beate and you can use anything small to fill your shaker; glitter, micro beads, mini buttons, confetti, etc. I used brown glitter for the sunflower and popped up Sunflower Rosie... isn't she cute? Her braids remind me of Pippi Longstocking... love that movie. Here's a pic of the card standing up with the glitter shaken =)
My inspiration for my card came from our garden... my girls planted red sunflowers this year and Carly took this one of hers.
Now you're prolly asking what our "STAMP OF THE WEEK" is right? It's none other than Princess LaLa, which will be on sale 20% OFF thru next Tuesday! So grab your LaLa Land stamps or digis and come SHAKE IT UP with US!! *Ü*

18 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful Kris - I really must check that tutorial out and give this a go sometime - it adds such a fun element!
xXx

Helen said...

Your shaker card is so awesome! Carly's sunflower is gorgeous, too! I've never made a shaker card before so I'm excited to try one!

Lorie said...

That is too, too, sweet!

Lori said...

Great shaker card! She does look like Pippi Longstocking, lol. Gorgeous sunflower! We'll need to plant red ones next year, they are very cool.

Kathy Winter said...

Love it Kris. It's beautiful. All the Dt's work is awsome.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Kristine, what a fabulous shaker card! I love the giant sunflower and how perfect when paired with Sunflower Rosie! You inspiration is also fabulous and Carly must have a green thumb to grow such a botanical beauty ;D

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Kristine your shaker card is fabulous! I have had so much fun being a guest designer with La La Land Crafts, love the challenges and visiting all of your blogs!

Kim Y. said...

Oh my gosh, Kristine! This is one fabulous card! I love that sunflower! So creative!!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh wow! How inspiring is that beautiful sunflower shaker that you made? :) Amazing and what a stunner! Luv, luv everything about your card Kristine!

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness Kristine this is sooooo creative, I LOVE your sunflower....GORGEOUS work wowza!

Kathy Winter said...

Oh I forgot to mention that the Sunflower is soooo pretty:)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Adorable shaker card!!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

The prettiest shaker card I've ever seen! True! I love your inspiration from God's creation. I've made one shaker card in my life, and it was fun! I hope you have tons of participants, what a blast!

I'm so thrilled that you're having a wonderful summer, my friend!

Sunflower hugs

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - this is just adorable! I love your shaker card - great image and gorgeous colours - make sme feel warm and that is some fete in our temperatures at the moment! Adorable Kris! {{{hugs}}}

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Ooooh...what a GREAT card! I love this!!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Kristine!!! Love your coloring, and that chocolate centered sunflower is gorgeous!!

Maureen said...

This is just totally fabulous!!! LOVE the sunflower shaker - so cute and fun! And that picture of the sunflower is amazing - looks like it was taken by a professional!

tbougher said...

liked the distressing on the sunflower shaker card