Wednesday, July 21, 2010

LLWWC48 - Upcycle It

Welcome to another fun challenge in LaLa Land!! Cheryl is our lovely hostess this week and wants to see us use something that we would have thrown away.... "Upcycle It!"

I used a soda pop can... rinsed, cut and dried... layed flat and ran through my cuttlebug to help flatten it out, and then put my bathtub "template" over top and cut it out. Now LaLa can relax in her posh stainless steel tub! *Ü*

I also used liquid applique and heat set it for the foamy bubbles, but that's not my "recycled" part as i would never throw out a perfectly good tube of L.A.! lol!

STAMP OF THE WEEK: Fairly LaLa! She will be on sale 20% OFF until next Tuesday!


Come on over and join the challenge this week... lots of great inspiration from the Design Team! Remember, you need to use a stamp or digi from LLLC to qualify for the Top 3 boinky or to win the $10 Gift Certificate!

13 comments:

Lori said...

Clever! This is an adorable card, love the bubbles and the flower in her hair. I like that you used a 'rug' to anchor the tub. I always forget how to do that and get frustrated with the whole anchoring thing. Ha!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Kristine, what a lovely and creative card! I love that you used a pop can for the tub and those foamy bubbles are perfect for Lala's bath ;D The rug IS a fabulous touch and makes me go "wow, why didn't I think of that"...LOL!!

Crystal said...

Kristine this has got to be the cutest EVER!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this, I don't think I can say it enought gf...The bubbles, colors, image, everything looks AMAZING!!!! You rock sweetie!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What fun to use a pop can for her tub! Ingenious!

Helen said...

Your bathtub is way cool and I love the colors of your card! I also really like how you colored her hair. I MUST get this stamp soon, too!

Diane said...

Your tub looks fabulous Kristine! Such a sweet card!

Eva said...

Kristine, you are AMAZINGLY CREATIVE!!!!! I can't believe you made the tub our of a soda can...holly molly, that is all I can say..GORGEOUS card!!!

Karen said...

You rock! How creative and your card is stunning!!

Kathy Winter said...

Oh so beautiful Kris. I love the shiny tub. And the dp is awsome. Great layout too. Fabulous job sis *Ü*

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - this is adorable! I love that bathtub - what a great idea! Such gorgeous colouring and DP! I always love your creations Kris - they are so fresh and adorable! Thank for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

1LuvnMama said...

OMGosh! That is such a cool idea Kristine! I'm amazed at all the DT's creativeness! This one takes the cake! :) I would soak in that tub any day, just invite me over! :)

Kristen said...

Way to recycle. I would have never thought of that. Great idea. Wicked cute card!

Maureen said...

So gorgeous and creative!! Love the LA for the bubbles and your soda can tub is amazing!! What a fabulous idea!!