Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LLWWC47 - Black-n-White + 1

Hi *Ü* It's another wonderful Wednesday in LaLa Land today as we break into a new challenge... Black, White, +1 other color!

(Btw... I've been promoted to DT Coordinator for LaLa Land, so will be taking on new responsibilites. I'm happily up for the challenge ;P I'm sure it will be great as ALL the girls over there are so much FUN and super creative too!)

Our hostess this week is 1LuvnMama and she has used the newly released Bubble LaLa, so she will be on sale at 20% OFF all week (til next Tuesday!) And in case you weren't aware, LaLa now has new lower prices!

So... are you wondering how I colored my Rosie's Garden image?? I followed Katie Cotton's video tutorial on her blog... fabulous! Thank you Katie, and thanks to Pam Sparks as well for sharing that link with us DT! =) Here's a close-up:
You do NOT have to color your image in black and white like this (shades of grey actually)... you may fully color your image as long as your papers are black/white/1 other color.

For the roses, I just cut a spiral out of a circle and then starting at the outside edge, started wrapping it around a pair of tweezers until I got to the last bit and then let go a little bit to let it expand a little bit and then put a glue dot on the bigger (center and last) bit of the circle and pushed the rose down onto the glue dot. Then just ruffed up the edges, pulling and smooshing with my fingers til it was "shabby" looking and finished it off with a pearl in the center! =)

I also tried this in a blue color. Which one do you like better??
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll come join us for this challenge this week. We had 5 lovely players last week and I know we can do better--- so come on over! (don't make me beg! LOL)

15 comments:

Jane Matsumoto said...

Congratulations, Kristine! That's awesome news... you're gonna be fabulous! I'm sorry to leave such a great DT but it's time to move on. Irina doesn't know how lucky she really is.

Helen said...

Hmmmm....I don't know which I like better, they are both so awesome! I love how Rosie's watering can is watering your beautiful paper roses. This seems like a super fun challenge, so I'm glad I have some time to make a card tonight! Congrats on your new role at Lala Land! You'll do a wonderful job!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Kristine, this is super! I love that you used rose as your additional color for your Garden "Rosie" image. How perfect is that? Congrats on being the new DT Coordinator! You are going to be fabulous!

Kim Y. said...

both are beautiful, Kristine! I haven't tried coloring black and white yet but will sure try because these cards are so inspiring! Great job, Kristine!

Lori said...

Very nice! I like the flowers, great technique. I think I like the rose color card best. It just "pops" more than the blue. Awesome coloring on the LaLa girls.

Eva said...

WOW...this is just beautiful!!!! I love the flowers, too!

Jana Weaver said...

Kristine, they are both just gorgeous!! Love your coloring (wish I could color that well with gray - it's tricky!!) but I think I like the pink one a little better - it definitely pops more. But, if going for subtle, the blue is perfect!!

Karen said...

Can I say, you rock Kris on your b/w coloring! I adore both blue and pink. One lends more to a cooler look and the other to a warm feel and I am loving each one! Those flowers and the way it looks like Rosie's watering that flower bush is amazing!!

Kathy Winter said...

Love both of these cards Kris. And how it looks like Rosie is watering the flowers is awsome too. This is a great challenge and one I'll have to enter =)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Ohhh, I think they're awesome! I think the pink one had my vote, it pops!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun Kris!! Love your black and white plus one!! Gorgeous flowers and coloring!
hugs,
Chris

1LuvnMama said...

Hey Kristine!

Great job and you really out done yourself with making 2 cards! I luv them both! Thanks for putting such amazing cards together for the challenge!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - these are both adorable! What a great colouring technique and LOVE the roses! Both colours are perfect with the B&W - one cool one warm - gorgeous! Thans for sharing Kris - I always love to see what you have been up to! {{{hugs}}}

Debbie Pamment said...

I love them both but reckon the pink has more pop! But your embellishments and design are fabulous!
xXx

Pam S. said...

ok - the pink, probably because I saw it first!!! lol Awesome job coloring this style Kristine and awesome "take" on the challenge! Didn't you just love coloring this way?!!! so fun! Congrats on the DT postition!!!
Pam Going Postal