Sunday, July 04, 2010

Jesus Loves the Little Children

Happy Sunday, and Happy Independence Day to all my American friends out there!! What a great day this is... a time to celebrate the Lord's Day and our nation's independence all at once.

In the past when the 4th fell on a Sunday, our town would have it's festivities on Saturday, but this year, since we are also celebrating our town's Centennial, we are having a community worship service in the park today followed by our parade and lots of fun events and food courts in the park. It's actually a 2-day event which started yesterday with hot air balloons, an old time car show, ugliest/cutest dog contest, heritage booths and the fireman's dunk tank in the park. Then of course a big fireworks show tonight! We'll be going to my parents later today for a BBQ and then watching the show out on their front lawn. They are on a hill so we have a nice view while we sit in lawn chairs, or the kids will sit on a blanket on the grass and eat popcorn.

Anyway, I don't have a patriotic card to show today... however I have a wonderful short story about this card I made. Last Sunday I posted a devotional here on my blog and Sue of McMahon Five Designs was very touched by it that she was inspired to do what she can to help spread the Good News too... so she drew this wonderful digi of Jesus and a little boy!! She also made it available with or without the scenery in the background. Isn't it sweet?! I love it!! She also drew THIS ONE, and they are both available in the shop right now.

All the supplies used on this card is from M5D.



I don't have too many embellishments on this one, but they also have tons of floral and pearl embellishements in stock as well! If you haven't signed up for the M5D Newsletter, I urge you to do so because they have sale codes and contests listed in there for subscribers only!

Right now we're having a "Mystery Designer Contest" where anyone could win one of FIVE PRIZE PACKAGES!! If you missed my post, please see HERE. Have FUN!!

7 comments:

peggysue said...

What a neat digi! And you used it so well. Such pretty colors too.

theneon said...

You've done a fabulous job of coloring using this image -- the horizon makes it a stunner with the glow in just the right places. Happy Fourth!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - I saw this fabulous card over at M5D - the first thing that attracted me as the colouring - is is fabulous Kris - you really created the most beautiful scene here! I ADORE the Tim Holtz Hanging Sign - I have not seen that one before and just love it! What an honour - Sue creating an image for you! Fabulous Kris! I hope you enjoyed your day! {{{hugs}}}

Kathy Winter said...

Beautiful card Kris. I love the colors on this. Great job.

Christine said...

I love how you colored this card! The sunset design is beautiful!

xx

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Hi Kristine, :) What a wonderful card you have created with this new digi for M5D. I love the vibrant colors along with this awesome Tim Holtz hanging sign. Hugs! Michelle

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful job coloring this, Kristine!! I love the sunset look!!